Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP Mrs Krabappel

Nine Bob Note

Self-Isolating before it was fashionable
I was gonna post this earlier (its been on Reddit all day), but there seemed to be some doubt over the news' authenticity, but sadly it now seems to have been confirmed.

Marcia Wallace, the actress who voiced Edna Krabappel on The Simpsons, has died aged 70.

TMZ reports that Wallace passed away at home in Los Angeles with her family around her.

According to a caregiver who spoke to the website, Wallace had been sick in recent months, although specific details are not known.

She had previously been diagnosed with breast cancer in 1985 and became a major public activist for beating the disease.

Wallace joined the cast of The Simpsons in 1990 and voiced Bart's fourth-grade teacher Mrs Krabappel, as well as other one-off characters such as Ms Mellon, a tutor at the Enriched Learning Centre for Gifted Children which Bart transfers to in first season episode 'Bart the Genius'.

She won an Emmy for outstanding voiceover performance for her work on The Simpsons in 1992. According to IMDB, the actress appeared in 179 of the 551 episodes recorded to date.

Infolinky

My first thought was that I'd hope the character be retired like Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure, but I feel so bad for Principal Skinner :(

MarciaWallace2.jpg

RIP

There were talks the next season would start with a mystery character being killed off. I wonder if the producers were already aware of Marcia Wallace declining health, and planned on playing off Ms. Krabappel... or if it's unrelated, and the series is losing two characters next season.

I said this yesterday on Facebook, but far more seriously than you might believe, mrs Krabappel is one of my teaching role models. And certainly my favourite Simpsons character. :(

Back
Top Bottom