Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP David Bowie

Ooh, I like this:

1639771482719.png

Continuing today’s 50th anniversary of Hunky Dory’s UK release, here are the links for the Bowie streaming single Changes (2021 Alternative Mix): https://davidbowie.lnk.to/Changes2021Alt
Everywhere around the globe has finally reached 17th December, so the links should be good for anyone wanting to listen.
In case you missed it in yesterday’s press release, Changes (2021 Alternative Mix) has been mixed from the original multi tracks by HUNKY DORY co-producer Ken Scott.
Of this new mix, Ken says: “The new version of ‘Changes’ is a fresh look at David’s classic. When listening to the original multi-track I discovered a few things that I had eliminated from the original mix and also a completely different sax solo at the end. It was those things that led me to try a new mix, trying for a slightly harder, more contemporary edge to it.”

make sure he is looking at the right version

not talking the piss as i'n not involved like someone making music,
it might sound different you

almost identical to the 2015 remaster to me

Last edited:
Really interesting this

Oh and this

Aye, Kate Bush wrote a song about Lindsay Kemp, a tribute to him for teaching her to dance. It was called " moving ". It is a beautiful song. Kate Bush also shares the same birthday as Emily Bronte who wrote the story " Wuthering Heights " . Coming up to 204 years ago, Emily Bronte was born on January 20th. 140 years later Kate Bush was born.

Let's have the lyrics, too.

Sons of the Silent Age​

David Bowie

Sons of the silent age
Stand on platforms blank looks and note books
Sit in back rows of city limits
Lay in bed coming and going on easy terms
Sons of the silent age
Pace their rooms like a cell's dimensions
Rise for a year or two then make war
Search through their one inch thoughts
Then decide it couldn't be done

Baby, I'll never let you go
All I see is all I know
Let's find another way down (sons of sound and sons of sound)
Baby, baby, I'll never let you down
I can't stand another sound
Let's take another way in (sons of sound and sons of sound)

Sons of the silent age
Listen to tracks by Sam Therapy and King Dice
Sons of the silent age
Pick up in bars and cry only once
Sons of the silent age
Make love only once but dream and dream
They don't walk, they just glide in and out of life
They never die, they just go to sleep one day

Baby, I won't ever let you go
All I see is all I know
Let's take another way down (sons of sound and sons of sound)
Oh baby, baby, baby, I won't ever let you down
I can't stand another sound
Let's find another way in (sons of sound and sons of sound)
Baby, baby, baby, find another way

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: David Bowie
Sons of the Silent Age lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

Speaking of Low - who saw this? I was driving when I heard this and it gave me goosebumps!

Longtime Davie Bowie producer Tony Visconti told of a “goose bumps” moment during the making of the 1977 album Low that appeared to suggest the late artist had "special mental powers."

The instrumental piece – which Bowie laid down entirely solo – was inspired by visits to East Berlin during the period when the German city was split by the Berlin Wall, and those on the Soviet side were desperate to escape to the west.

“It was a little harrowing going from the west to the east and vice versa,” Visconti told BBC Radio 6 in an interview marking what would have been Bowie’s 75th birthday. “And the most despairing thing was, when we went back into the west, lined along the roadway were East Berliners who were pleading with us, in broad daylight, [to] put them in boot of the car or [let them] cling to the bottom of the car.”

He added that, when the track was completed, he, Bowie, close friend Iggy Pop and his wife, along with engineer Edu Meyer sat in the studio control room. “David said, ‘I want all of you to take a piece of paper and a pencil, and we’re going to listen to ‘Weeping Wall.' … I want you to draw a picture of what you think the song is about.’ So we played ‘Weeping Wall’ through, and all of us got to work scribbling.”

Visconti was certain he didn't look at anyone else’s sketches and no one looked at his. “When it was over he said, ‘OK, turn the papers over' … and we all had almost identical drawings – this was really weird. All of us had a jagged-edged wall like the edges of a woodcutting saw. It wasn’t a wall with flat tops; it was a wall with jagged tops. … Some of us put a moon over the jagged teeth and some of us put a sun over it, like a circle, but almost unanimously we drew the same picture. And David turned his over, and it was a picture of a lizard, like an alligator, with his mouth open, eating the sun – an orb – and it was all goose bumps from that moment on.”

The producer noted that he thought "even David was surprised, but he was hoping that would happen. And I think in [his] smile he found that he might have some special mental powers that instigated it – this so-called coincidence.”

Read More: David Bowie Studio Moment Hinted at 'Special Mental Powers' | David Bowie Studio Moment Hinted at 'Special Mental Powers'

also - I love this photo

IMG_-r844cl.jpg

Blimey!

David Bowie has been revealed as the 21st Century’s best-selling vinyl artist.

The late musician’s vinyl sales for the 2000s of 582,704 (calculated up until January 6) place him ahead of the only other act to top half a million units on the format – The Beatles (535,596 sales).

As revealed by Music Week’s chart analyst Alan Jones, in the 2020s the same two acts lead the way with Bowie on 134,237 sales and The Beatles on 113,613. Based on the Top 10,000 vinyl sellers of 2021, Bowie placed third (53,181) behind The Beatles (58,567) and Taylor Swift (56,917).

Back
Top Bottom