Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommended me some PC speakers

BristolEcho

Anyone recommend some decent, but small PC speakers? They don't need a sub and they are for gaming rather than music as I have other speakers for that. I was looking at the creative pebble as they are cheap, but thought I'd ask around.

I don't have a specific price range the pebbles are cheap, but happy to pay more if there is a specific recommendation. Asking for small size as it's a weird set up, but can check measurements myself so recommend whatever you use.

Cheers

For gaming I prefer headphones over speakers.
I can only use in ears and don't like them for gaming really. I only have bluetooth ones too so charging is an issue.

USB powered? For that sort of price it's the Creative Pebble or Logitech Z120
Thanks I am tempted by the pebble due to the size. I saw some RAZR ones but the reviews were mixed.

I got one of these, and some ebay 2nd hand passive speakers and a sub:

It is ridiculous for the price, pretty small, still works after over a year, took a couple of weeks to arrive.

Last edited:
I got one of these, and some ebay 2nd hand passive speakers and a sub:

It is ridiculous for the price, pretty small, still works after over a year, took a couple of weeks to arrive.

That's awesome. I've long been a fan of old stereo kit, but adding an amp can be a bit add to the price, but they are also bulky! I'm planning on upgrading my downstairs speakers (with better ones from eBay) and that looks just the thing to improve the setup in my office.

Did you do lots of research on this specific model or did you just pick one and it worked well?

That's awesome. I've long been a fan of old stereo kit, but adding an amp can be a bit add to the price, but they are also bulky! I'm planning on upgrading my downstairs speakers (with better ones from eBay) and that looks just the thing to improve the setup in my office.

Did you do lots of research on this specific model or did you just pick one and it worked well?
Not much research, but a while back people were raving about class T Lepai amps on here (have a search) and I think Lepy is just the new name.

It is very much not hifi, but a lot of fun for playing tinny 90s jungle and dropping the sub in etc. All wired too, which is a taste thing... I am 100% sure it sounds way better than those little powered PC speakers though. (You could also easily run it without the sub for the OP, the sub is just one seperate output and volume control... but I highly recommend adding one).
For speakers + sub to match it search "2.1 PC speakers" but avoid all the powered options, you just want passive. I mean it would run any passive speakers really, but if you search "2.1" you get a set with the sub included too. Its actually not that easy to find a non-active sub though, but when you do they are v cheap as noone wants them.

Last edited:
If you def don't need a sub then these are probably nicer sounding, but also a little more expensive:

If you def don't need a sub then these are probably nicer sounding, but also a little more expensive:

I think I need something like this in my life. I've got an old pair of speakers I want to put in the garage, given up on extending the WiFi there, so won't be using Chromecast audio, so looking at something which does Bluetooth.

Drown out the neighbours shit music when we're having a beer outside and for when I get some gym equipment in there.

Back
Top Bottom