Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommendation Recommend me a hi-fi amplifier with bluetooth in and USB out.

ATOMIC SUPLEX

My CD / tape deck that had it's own amp (to plug in my record player) has died. The tape player doesn't work, the CD player doesn't work and now the sound output has suddenly reduced dramatically and sounds thin, so I can't even use it for my record player.

Time for something new, though I am not loaded.

I was hoping for something that also had blue tooth so that I could connect my phone playlist to it should so desire.
I also want to a USB output for convenience. This might not be 100% necessary. Basically, I often record music directly from the USB output of my record player, but it often sounds odd, not just EQ odd (as I generally remaster in logic later and it still sounds wrong). . . so I wanted a USB output from the actual amp to lead to my powerbook (no flipping mic inputs these days).

When I do a search I am overloaded with amps with more features than I want or less than I want.

Any ideas?

I think the USB output will be hard to find.

What’s your budget?

Yes I didn't reply because I'm not familiar with that usb requirement. Lots of amps do usb in these days and also have Bluetooth e.g. see Nob sound stuff

Yes I didn't reply because I'm not familiar with that usb requirement. Lots of amps do usb in these days and also have Bluetooth e.g. see Nob sound stuff
Maybe I have to rethink the USB.
I thought it might be something stereos do now seeing as my record player had a USB out.
Of course I can find something to record from phono outputs, but it's a bit of a faff if I can go from USB directly into Logic Pro (sound editing software).

Maybe I have to rethink the USB.
I thought it might be something stereos do now seeing as my record player had a USB out.
Of course I can find something to record from phono outputs, but it's a bit of a faff if I can go from USB directly into Logic Pro (sound editing software).
You are asking for the amp to have a built in DAC. You might be able to find one but probably not for £200.

You are asking for the amp to have a built in DAC. You might be able to find one but probably not for £200.
I don't think I am asking for a digital to analogue, I'm asking for an analogue to digital output. Unless that is somehow the same thing. I can see it's not a feature on most amps, but it can't be that hard to implement as it's on a shit load of low end record players.

I only want that because Macs don't appear to have analogue in anymore, not without me using an interface, and though I can do that, it's a bit of a bother plugging it all in every time I just want to record a record.

Does this not apply to your mac?

The socket should be bidirectional
Oh right. I'll have to check it out. I thought because it had the headphone symbol on it it was output only. My older Mac has a mic in and a headphone out.
I do hate switching everything around all the time - inputs, monitoring, I guess it's not that much of an imposition.

EDIT
Just tried. Doesn't seem to work for my 2015 MacBook Pro.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom