Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rebellion punk festival in Blackpool

moose is going, dunno if anyone else is this year. trevhagl and Glitter's mate who's name i can't quite remember usually go too. chico enrico's band is playing, but he doesn't post here anymore so that's not much use...

I really wanted to go see the Bronx and Fucked Up, but I've already seen them both in Bristol this year and it's apparently £55 for any one day.

So yeah, no.

She will lose the bloody diary though! :p :D

Piss off you :p If I put it on the calendar I will not lose it. I have many years of calendars upstairs! And Baz is on my FB, he will remind me :p

Same weekend as in the 2nd one in August? Clashes with the farmers market but I could miss one month I suppose.

I live in Blackpool and I noticed a lot of Rebellionistas knocking about town today. My local - which is a right proper locals' local - also had a fine selection of your bretheren in it earlier this evening.
Excellent.
I love knocking about town this weekend, it makes for fascinating people watching and there are always photos in the local rag of some little old lady looking utterly gobsmacked at some flamboyantly dickied up punk persons. Such little old ladies are no doubt on their holidays here, playing bingo and having a paddle, because any little old ladies who live here have seen it aaaaaaaall before. :D

It's supposed to be pretty hot over the next few days, so prepare to melt in The WInter Gardens, any of you who are coming.
Hope you have fun.

We're going, arriving some time Friday. I think I've met you before, kalidarkone so I'll come and pounce on you if I see you. :)
Not happy about the weather though :mad:

they shouldn't have it in august - what's the point in having an indoor festival in blackpool in the season? they should have it in september or october when the B&Bs are cheap and it's less likely to be baking outside.

Never fancied the idea of 3 days of constant indoor punk in summer but plenty of peeps enjoy it. Going to the 3 Chords Festy in a couple of weeks, prefer a smaller outdoors festy in a nice location.

they shouldn't have it in august - what's the point in having an indoor festival in blackpool in the season? they should have it in september or october when the B&Bs are cheap and it's less likely to be baking outside.

Don't forget Blackpool's main season is t'Lights, from end of August to November... everything goes up in price then.

Seems to be - pretty much everyone I know makes the annual pilgrimage. I preferred them in the old days when they were real lightbulbs, but still have some kind of primeval urge to go every 3 years or so :D Around 3.5m visitors apparently.

Anyway, we're off soon. Giddy.

must remember to go to the fireworks championship this year - we went once and it were great, but i've always forgotten about it each year since.

have fun! we're going to supernormal this year. it's in a field, so hopefully that means a softer landing when i fall over in the pit. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom