Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Reasonably priced but cool places to stay in London

I have stayed at Safe Stay Holland Park several times. You can book some rooms just for your group (I stayed in a triple room with a double bed and a single bed with a friend once). Nice location in the middle of the park.

surreybrowncap the place I was thinking of isn't on that site but it does look promising for affordable and central accommodation.
Yeah - I work quite close by Russell Square and I could not locate it either.
I think these monasteries /convents are excellent...
Might use them if I travel around this summer or whenever..
People may be put off by the religious aspect..
But they don't really insist on participation..
It is a good income for them.
A place where a single female traveller would feel safe perhaps...

Not relevant to the OP but maybe for others, this little mini chain has really good quality rooms + kitchenette + en suite at around £40 a night, sometimes less even

their locations are outside central London
BECKENHAM JUNCTION
BECKENHAM
BECKENHAM HIGH STREET
PURFLEET
ORPINGTON
but v close to good train links

30+bec+2 (1).jpg

there's a clock tower at norwood junction and there's two trains an hour from there direct to st pancras - which is right beside the british library

don't know about hotels in norwood tho. there are other clock towers at crouch end and golders green tho again dk about hotels
hmm would avoid norwood junction! i have for year and i live pretty much there :D

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago. Was easy enough to get into London and was clean and cheap.

I know it's not quirky/cool as such but it's a stone throw from Tower Bridge and the Tower of London - right on the Thames and St Katharine's Dock. You can get a family room in the Tower Bridge Guoman Hotel from £123 per night (DBL bed and sofa bed).

20220803_095233.jpg

Plus St.Katharines Dock has a Clock Tower...!
And the Guoman Hotel, although not remotely cool, is the kind of giant concrete behemoth of a hotel I'd have enjoyed as a kid, presumably full of lobbies & lifts and endless corridors and vast faceless canteens to breakfast in.

Plus you have the river & lots of East End on your doorstep, and the District/ Circle line to get you into the centre.

Back
Top Bottom