Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Realistic medal prospects

Funnier than he thinks he is.
Only three days in and already 2 gold and a bronze, this must be above expectations this far.

Nicole Cooke's gold medal could have been forecast, but I think the swimming medals probably came as a bit of a shock.

So what can we look forward to in the next 12 days of competition 1)realistically-those medals we will be dissapointed NOT to win and 2) hopefully-those medals we might just win if everyone else has an off day and our peeps perform out of their skin!

I think Beth Tweddle has a good chance on bars- albeit shes been injured close to the games but I hope she will pull it off.
Clair Wright in the trampolining regularly competes at world level and does incredibly well too. I think shes a likely medal prospect.

For 1 :Our 3 Day Event Team should have been bringing a medal home, but they've left themselves a lot to do.

For 2 : I reckon the pure Dressage riders could surprise us by bringing a medal home between them, if some of the other teams don't do as well as they should.

Given that Team GB didn't get a gold until something like Day 5 last time round this is pretty good so far...

Womens archery team were 2nd in the world going into the games so 4th place was probably a disappointment.

Rebecca Adlington's best event is the 800m so maybe she might do the double.

Track cycling is where a lot of expectation lies especially after they dominated this years world champs in Manchester. Hopefully no disappointments there. Shaneze Reade is world number 1 in BMX, hope she can do the bizness. Normally i wouldn't rate Nicole Cooke's chances in a TT but the TT course uses the same roads as the road race, which is right up her street so she could do well.

Could be a couple in rowing, also canoeing, triathlon, sailing (Ben Ainslie doing ok last i heard).

Back
Top Bottom