Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Radio app w/alarm for phone

LDC

I used to use the Radioplayer app and wake up to the calming/enraging noise of R4 as an alarm, but it stopped being able to get this a while ago. The BBC Sounds app doesn't have an alarm feature (or didn't last time I tried), is there something that does?

I just want a radio player app that enables me to set a radio station as an alarm. Is there such a thing, surely there must be?!

Not sure what phone you have but if it’s an iPhone then a shortcut can achieve this with BBC sounds…

I actually have a shortcut just to get to Radio 4 with one click rather than two.

The Sleep as Android app has this function

Can't remember if this is baked into the OS or if you have to buy/download - or if it's free

Reactions: LDC

Can't remember if this is baked into the OS or if you have to buy/download - or if it's free

Is that some sleep tracker thing though? I just want a simple radio app not something monitoring my sleep!

Is that some sleep tracker thing though? I just want a simple radio app not something monitoring my sleep!

I think that's what is it designed for but I don't think you have to use that function - I'll post some shots of the alarm and radio stations when I get my phone in a while

Buy a radio alarm clock :)

TBH I was going to do that, even looked today, but thought I'd give the app one more look.

It seemed hard to find a small decent DAB radio alarm that wasn't £100 though, and it's something else to knock off the bedside table as well!

There is a + at the top of the list of stations that lets you add your own stations as long as you know the stations streaming URL - no idea if this works.
Just tried searching for BBC Radio 6 and it didn't find it.

Screenshot_20230523-134544.pngScreenshot_20230523-134747.pngScreenshot_20230523-134823.pngScreenshot_20230523-134814.png

TBH I was going to do that, even looked today, but thought I'd give the app one more look.

It seemed hard to find a small decent DAB radio alarm that wasn't £100 though, and it's something else to knock off the bedside table as well!

Ah, I got a Sony dream machine alarm clock for £5 at a charity shop. That’s analogue but will be good until at least 2030 :)

Ah, I got a Sony dream machine alarm clock for £5 at a charity shop. That’s analogue but will be good until at least 2030 :)

I have an analogue radio alarm too, just to make sure I’ve got FM and medium wave radio if the internet goes down. And for the nice comforting red digits telling me the time in the middle of the night .

There is a + at the top of the list of stations that lets you add your own stations as long as you know the stations streaming URL - no idea if this works.
Just tried searching for BBC Radio 6 and it didn't find it.

View attachment 375813View attachment 375814View attachment 375815View attachment 375816

There's a bunch of URLs here if that's any use. No idea if they'll work but it has radio 4, 6, etc

Back
Top Bottom