Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

R.I.P. Mark Wilkins/Astronaut

Sir Belchalot

arenicola marina
Sorry to hear that Mark has passed away & I'll never see him again shuffling about with a plastic bag full of lyrics, the man had a way with words. Also known for putting on one of the earliest Sex Pistols gigs where he recognised Lydon as being a hippy from The Roundhouse! Although this didn't persuade him to cut his hair like many others in those times, he did find a welcome home in the anarcho-punk scene a few years later.

Sorry to hear that Mark has passed away & I'll never see him again shuffling about with a plastic bag full of lyrics, the man had a way with words. Also known for putting on one of the earliest Sex Pistols gigs where he recognised Lydon as being a hippy from The Roundhouse! Although this didn't persuade him to cut his hair like many others in those times, he did find a welcome home in the anarcho-punk scene a few years later.

A lovely fella & a big part of my teenage years. :(

RIP Foxy.

He played at our social club a few years back. Had me rig up a monitor wedge on a side table, as close to his head as we could get it, because his hearing was shot. Still a great gig though, and Mark was a lovely bloke.

If anyone is interested then there is a celebration of Mark's life on the weekend of 19th/20th November at Club 85 in Hitchin.

youre-all-weird-v3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom