Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question re: building works and parking permits.

kalidarkone

Bringing YOU round.....
Work paid for by insurance company and contractors work for the insurance company/ loss adjusters - on late ma's house is due to start in March.

The contractor will require visitor parking permits as - North London (Islington)

The chap coordinating the work has asked me to purchase them and I will be reimbursed.....the cost comes to £598.20 for 30 all day permits and 30 x 3 hour permits.

Aside from the fact I am unable to lay out £598.20 because I don't have it.......surely this is something the insurance company should be paying for in the first instance?

I have explained that I'm unable to front this cost but am happy to purchase once they have sent me a cheque.

What do you think?

I agree, not sure how it is in Islington but we have to be registered with Tower Hamlets to get permits so they may only issue them to the house holder.

Why do they need visitor parking permits and not Permission to Park notices which are intended for contractors and can be purchased by them directly?

I'm registered with them and as executor am the house holder.

Yes, sorry, that's what I meant, which is why I thought it may be tricky for either the contractor or the insurance company to sort it out for you, (even though in an ideal world they should). But like Stoneroad says, hopefully there is a way around it. There must be a scheme for contractors.

Back
Top Bottom