Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pumpkin

ice-is-forming

let me rephrase that... Fuck off
I can't ever recall eating pumpkin in the UK.. and I can't even recall anyone else eating it either :hmm: or it even being a thing other than at Halloween tbh. And its taken me a while to think about it as a serious vegetable here in aus.

But jeez! It's delicious 😋 not just as soup, but roast, boiled or steamed with loads of butter and salt. There's a few different models of pumpkin too.

I just had Kent pumpkin, floating in a bowl of melting butter... It tasted like chestnuts, so much so that i wondered if they're related in some way? I've got a butternut pumpkin I may roast tomorrow..

Never had pumpkin, as far as I know. I like squashes though, so it'll probably be alright. Got some butternut squashes in at the moment that I need to turn into something.

I find pumpkin (and most squashes tbh) a bit bland, a lot depends on what you do to them - they can make a great vehicle for other flavours!

I have made pumpkin pie and it was nice, the pumpkin was really just a base for the other ingredients though, it didn't have much input into the overall flavour (IMO) but provided some bulk.

Back
Top Bottom