Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prawn salad question please

panpete

Blokes name, birds body.
Hello
I got one of those nice prawn salads from Tesco yesterday and started eating it.
The food felt colder but I carried on, as I was hungry.
I noticed ice crystals on it, but still kept eating, as I'd been looking forward to tucking into it.
Then, about a third of the way though, I noticed it had frozen.
I stored it in the fridge, nothing else in the fridge had frozen, and it was stored at the front.
The fridge was on a bit high though, number 4, so I turned it to number 3.
I hate to sound paranoid.
Years ago, I went out to the pub for lunch and had prawn salad, and was violently sick starting in the evening on a night out, violently sick in the pub car park, (hardly drank any booze that night) and vomiting all through the night, feeling sick into the next night. It never put me off prawns.
I trust I will be ok?
I don't know if the prawns from those tesco prawn salads have been previously frozen.
I am probably being a bit paranoid, with being so violently sick that time after eating bad prawns from the pub.
Thanks

Hello
I got one of those nice prawn salads from Tesco yesterday and started eating it.
The food felt colder but I carried on, as I was hungry.
I noticed ice crystals on it, but still kept eating, as I'd been looking forward to tucking into it.
Then, about a third of the way though, I noticed it had frozen.
I stored it in the fridge, nothing else in the fridge had frozen, and it was stored at the front.
The fridge was on a bit high though, number 4, so I turned it to number 3.
I hate to sound paranoid.
Years ago, I went out to the pub for lunch and had prawn salad, and was violently sick starting in the evening on a night out, violently sick in the pub car park, (hardly drank any booze that night) and vomiting all through the night, feeling sick into the next night. It never put me off prawns.
I trust I will be ok?
I don't know if the prawns from those tesco prawn salads have been previously frozen.
I am probably being a bit paranoid, with being so violently sick that time after eating bad prawns from the pub.
Thanks

Sounds like it was near where the cold air in your fridge enters the body and comes out so it froze there. I very much doubt this will give you any problems.

The problem with frozen thawed frozen food is when it spends too much time thawed before it’s frozen a second time in the supply chain and people don’t realise. That’s not what happened here so you will be fine.

Sounds like it was near where the cold air in your fridge enters the body and comes out so it froze there. I very much doubt this will give you any problems.

The problem with frozen thawed frozen food is when it spends too much time thawed before it’s frozen a second time in the supply chain and people don’t realise. That’s not what happened here so you will be fine.
Thanks, the thing that made me post this was me wondering if the salads are manufactured with frozen prawns which are then thawed, as my fridge will have re-frozen them. I never noticed my fridge freezing food before.

A lot of the problems with refreezing food are related to the damage to the texture. It depends on how long it’s been defrosted, where it’s been kept, and how it was refrozen of course, but generally it’s not a big problem.

A lot of the problems with refreezing food are related to the damage to the texture. It depends on how long it’s been defrosted, where it’s been kept, and how it was refrozen of course, but generally it’s not a big problem.
Thanks, I bought another one of those for tea today. :)

somewhere in the small print it should tell you if it has been previously frozen, and also where the prawns come from. I've eaten refrozen fish before and been fine. I forgot to check the small print those times

Back
Top Bottom