Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Potters Bar v Dulwich - Isthmian Prem, Tuesday, 26th March 2024

That's a great result against a team that hadn't lost at home since August. They hadn't managed to play a home game for 6 weeks until trouncing Kingstonian on Saturday. I actually left home just before 6pm but when I saw how wet it was (and knowing several other games were already off) I guessed wrongly it would be called off before kick off and turned back! A massive Easter weekend coming up.

I did just notice The Wizard gt another booking. I think that's 4 in the last 4 or 5 games. I'm confused about how the suspension for accumulated bookings rule works these days, but we certainly don't want to lose him for one game.

Luke's booking was ridiculous, he was fouled, not the other way around. At one point the ref was just alternating decisions rather than making them, so we got a dodgy corner then they got a dodgy free kick etc.

Ground was borderline unplayable, especially in one corner, and there was always the nagging possibility that it was going to get abandoned.

But a brilliant job done in the rain. What a team

I did just notice The Wizard gt another booking. I think that's 4 in the last 4 or 5 games. I'm confused about how the suspension for accumulated bookings rule works these days, but we certainly don't want to lose him for one game.
From memory we are past the one match ban point. I think it's 10 by week 32 = 2 games (I think we passed that point a couple of weeks ago) and 15 by week 38 = 3 games

From memory we are past the one match ban point. I think it's 10 by week 32 = 2 games (I think we passed that point a couple of weeks ago) and 15 by week 38 = 3 games
He obviously didn't reach 5 or 10 before the amnesty points. The danger might be if he was already up to 9 by week 32, although I don't recall him getting many bookings until this month.

There was visible surface water near the touchline in a video clip Potters Bar posted on Twitter before the game, which swayed me into turning back only a couple of minutes after leaving home. Matches at Hanwell and Brentwood were abandoned and Lewes (who always seem to play) was called off at 6.15pm.

Last edited:
He obviously didn't reach 5 or 10 before the amnesty points. The danger might be if he was already up to 9 by week 32, although I don't recall him getting many bookings until this month.

There was visible surface water near the touchline in a video clip Potters Bar posted on Twitter before the game, which swayed me into turning back only a couple of minutes after leaving home. Matches at Hanwell and Brentwood were abandoned and Lewes (who always seem to play) was called off at 6.15pm.
One corner of the pitch was certainly unplayable by the end but ref seemed to indicate before the start that he would do all he could to finish. Looked like a serious injury to Pascal so hope he’s ok. During the long break we made a deliberate decision to stay out on the pitch so as not to encourage an abandonment.
Alfie Egan had a great game, especially his inch perfect lofted passes into the corners that pitched and held in the puddles making it hard for the home team to bring the ball out.
This team has the character and desire Hak demanded at the start of the season,and great spirit. The connection between fans and players is great to see.

Interesting last night that despite the energy sapping conditions, and it being our 3rd game in 7 days, we didn't make any subs apart from a token one in the last minute.

Also good to see AJ in the goals, I was surprised to see he only has 3 to his name in pink and blue according to FWP.

Yes thought Egan was great. Actually in all circumstances i thought it was our best performance this season . Never stopped battling. Also special praise to Chambers and Parry who have so solid for a long time now in the centre of defence shpwing both calmness and strength

Max pics!

In photos: Dulwich Hamlet just two points off the play-offs after impressive win at Potters Bar, Tues 26th March 2024

In photos: Dulwich Hamlet just two points off the play-offs after impressive win at Potters Bar, Tues 26th March 2024

One corner of the pitch was certainly unplayable by the end but ref seemed to indicate before the start that he would do all he could to finish. Looked like a serious injury to Pascal so hope he’s ok. During the long break we made a deliberate decision to stay out on the pitch so as not to encourage an abandonment.
Alfie Egan had a great game, especially his inch perfect lofted passes into the corners that pitched and held in the puddles making it hard for the home team to bring the ball out.
This team has the character and desire Hak demanded at the start of the season,and great spirit. The connection between fans and players is great to see.

The injury was a "gash to the back of the foot" according to their (I think) assistant manager in a post-match interview. Sounds painful but hopefully something that can be stitched with no lasting damage, unless it's his achilles.

I'm sure both sides will have wanted to complete the game if possible, because Potters Bar have no more free midweeks, so unless it was rescheduled for next Wednesday (after the Easter weekend) we'd have been looking at a Thursday night.

Yes thought Egan was great. Actually in all circumstances i thought it was our best performance this season . Never stopped battling. Also special praise to Chambers and Parry who have so solid for a long time now in the centre of defence shpwing both calmness and strength
Absolutely, Chambers and Parry really feel like unsung hero’s for the excellent run the teams been on especially given they play every single minute

Just as well we scored from the restart as I would have been seriously pissed off if we had lost due to that goal being chalked off.

It seemed a clear goal at the time, and even clearer from the highlights

(The highlights are great btw, and I always appreciate them, but I wish they would show the goals twice as I always end up rewinding).

Incredible decision to rule out Danny’s goal. Another to add to my list of ‘never seen it before, will never see it again’ decisions. No contact, no reaction from oppo, no appeal and the ref is perfectly placed to see all of that and yet gives a free kick. Looked bad on the night, looks even worse now.

Incredible decision to rule out Danny’s goal. Another to add to my list of ‘never seen it before, will never see it again’ decisions. No contact, no reaction from oppo, no appeal and the ref is perfectly placed to see all of that and yet gives a free kick. Looked bad on the night, looks even worse now.
It's almost identical to his first goal that counted. He even outjumps the same defender, Dwight Pascal, who barely even attempts to jump and just looks dejected.

Back
Top Bottom