Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Portsmouth anyone?

SEN?oodle

Greeting from Portsmouth and Southsea. Wet, dreary, gloomy, boring, but enough about me. Lol. Another day with no sign of snow. Still, on a positive note the ambulance sirens are slightly less today from the nearby hospital. Although the murky weather absorbs the sound.
Well suppose I better get on with........er....nothing.

There's a few of us dotted around the south coast - Southampton, New forest, Bournemouth - can't remember if there's any from Pompey.

St Mary's doesn't have A&E, its QA. On the hill. Ooh I think the rain has stopped!

I knew that actually, but since you added Southsea and not Cosham I wondered if they'd got some emergency covid thing set up at St Mary's.

I did some djing on hospital radio at QA for a few weeks in about 1994.

Fantastic views from Portsdown Hill. I wrote a sonnet about that hill once.

Fair enough. They may have a secret ward there, St James hospital is a vaccine centre.

Ah I forgot St.James's, I actually thought that got sold and turned into housing years ago.

Last time I saw Portsmouth it looked like this...

Attachments

• harbour fog 17-04-24.png
    harbour fog 17-04-24.png
    985.2 KB · Views: 8
We don’t really mention Portsmouth here as I live with a Southampton fan.
I like DM shopping and Wagamama at Gunwharf though.

Isn't there a pub called 'The Air Balloon'?
Went to a retail outlet a few years back in the Xmas hols, it was horrible (as are all retail outlets at any time of year, by particularly then).

Isn't there a pub called 'The Air Balloon'?

There certainly was, in Landport-North End, opposite the channel ferry docks. It used to host a rock and punk night every Friday (this is 1988->) but since it happened to be a key hangout for a 657 crew local too, Friday nights comprised one end of the bar with the dancefloor and DJ being full of every kind of long-hair, spiky-hair, patchouli-smelling black-clad freak while at the dartboard end gathered the usual skins and casuals. It was always err lively.

Someone more on-the-spot will have to visit and find out what people do for fun there in 2021. I don't imagine it's quite the brawlery it was.

There certainly was, in Landport-North End, opposite the channel ferry docks. It used to host a rock and punk night every Friday (this is 1988->) but since it happened to be a key hangout for a 657 crew local too, Friday nights comprised one end of the bar with the dancefloor and DJ being full of every kind of long-hair, spiky-hair, patchouli-smelling black-clad freak while at the dartboard end gathered the usual skins and casuals. It was always err lively.

Someone more on-the-spot will have to visit and find out what people do for fun there in 2021. I don't imagine it's quite the brawlery it was.

Thanks for that- Haha- the only reason I know is because a mate lent me the 6:57 book. Ever since then, we always joke about going down the 'Air Balloon for a few jars' , meaning shall we go down to one our local pubs in Nottingham.

Back
Top Bottom