Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Plane to Denmark cancelled, what can I do?

ATOMIC SUPLEX

Cimber air have cancelled our plane to Denmark for a wedding. We were going for a week in August and have all the hotels and everything booked (non refundable).

We booked in advance to get a good price as we can't afford much more but now the summer prices are going to be much higher. What are our rights?

CAA regs relating to advance ( > 14 day) flight cancellations
the following bit seems relevant.

If your flight is cancelled more than 14 days in advance, you are entitled to
  • a refund of the parts of the ticket not used or
  • you can choose an alternative flight (airlines call this re-routing) to your final destination as soon as possible, or
  • you can choose an alternative flight to your final destination at a later date which suits you. This includes a transfer to the original airport, or another close by destination of your choice.

CAA regs relating to advance ( > 14 day) flight cancellations
the following bit seems relevant.

If your flight is cancelled more than 14 days in advance, you are entitled to
  • a refund of the parts of the ticket not used or
  • you can choose an alternative flight (airlines call this re-routing) to your final destination as soon as possible, or
  • you can choose an alternative flight to your final destination at a later date which suits you. This includes a transfer to the original airport, or another close by destination of your choice.

But we need to go on the exact dates we had to the exact place we were going and the airline has decided not to fly to those destinations anymore.

If you have checked our website, and still need
help, then contact us by email:
passengercomplaints@caa.co.uk
Consumer advice helpline:
020 7453 6888
(Mon to Thurs 9.30am to 2.30pm)

I have not had a chance to check yet as I have a rush job on to finish today.
Does it basically mean the airline have to find us another flight on another plane to and from the same airport at no extra cost to us?

Does it basically mean the airline have to find us another flight on another plane to and from the same airport at no extra cost to us?

I doubt they'd be under any obligation other than to give you a refund, assuming they haven't gone bust.

How much are flights with another airline?

Easyjet's doing Gatwick-Copenhagen return in August for about 70 quid if you book now.

If you get a refund you can't be too far out of pocket.

True, but since the OP comes on here before asking the airline and only "thinks" it's Copenhagen.......

True, but since the OP comes on here before asking the airline and only "thinks" it's Copenhagen.......
Sorry, I'm trying to get the info out of my panicking wife. I'm being drip fed.
My fault for not remembering any of the details in the first place.

Get her to chill out.

With that much notice it's almost impossible that you can't make alternative arrangements. And you'll almost certainly get a refund so it won't cost anything/much either.

Just a minor hassle is all.

Cimber air have cancelled our plane to Denmark for a wedding. We were going for a week in August and have all the hotels and everything booked (non refundable).

We booked in advance to get a good price as we can't afford much more but now the summer prices are going to be much higher. What are our rights?

Googling the airline/trying to book on its website both seem to indicate it's going out of business. You may well have lost your money but don't panic - did you buy with a credit or a debit card?

Googling the airline/trying to book on its website both seem to indicate it's going out of business. You may well have lost your money but don't panic - did you buy with a credit or a debit card?
Oooh, I hope it was a credit card.

What makes you think they're going under? PPRUNE doesn't mention it and the booking process seems fine.

I googled the airline and there was no indication it was going out of business, where did you get that idea from?

Cancelling flights in advance happens all the time, new routes start, demand for other flights drops, changes to timetable are made. Its not an issue really.

What makes you think they're going under? PPRUNE doesn't mention it and the booking process seems fine.

When I checked their online booking it said they're taking flights for today and tomorrow only but the next screen doesn't load.

I googled the airline and there was no indication it was going out of business, where did you get that idea from?

Cancelling flights in advance happens all the time, new routes start, demand for other flights drops, changes to timetable are made. Its not an issue really.

There's a news story from last year about a big lump of cash being dropped on them.

Clues ^

When I checked their online booking it said they're taking flights for today and tomorrow only but the next screen doesn't load.

There's a news story from last year about a big lump of cash being dropped on them.

Clues ^

Sherlock Holmes you aint.

Manchester City had a big lump of cash dropped on them last year, are they bankrupt?

Back
Top Bottom