Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Plaid drop support for Welsh Language

Udo Erasmus

First they came for the English speakers . . .
. . . And I didn't speak out 'cos I was a cymdeithas member

Following their dropping of opposition to Nuclear Power it sounds like Plaid are dropping their pro-Welsh Language position

South Wales Echo said:
LABOUR has called on Cymdeithas yr Iaith and Plaid Cymru to organise a picket at the campaign office of the Plaid candidate for Arfon.

The call came in response to Alun Ffred Jones's decision to take adverts in a local paper in English only. Now Labour's Martin Eaglestone, who will contest the seat on May 3, has called for Plaid Cymru and the language pressure group to organise a protest.

Mr Eaglestone said, "I have been a Welsh learner so I understand that bilingual material is really important in Arfon. I fail to understand why Plaid Cymru has not produced bilingual adverts.

And not only in North Wales in South Wales too:

from Echo letters page said:
I was delighted to see that Plaid Cymru have economised and sent out their local election leaflets to Penarth residents in English only.

I trust they will now distance themselves from the antics of those activists who deface public and private buildings in their efforts to enforce the use of both English and Welsh in all communications.

Ted Poole Penarth

Plaid deserve to be hounded over their dropping of support for the Welsh language

Are you being serious? This isn't even winding me up anymore it's just stupid.

There is nothing wrong with providing election material in either or both of Wales' two national languages.

Respect's policies regarding the Welsh language are what exactly?

Not a word about, never mind in, Cymraeg in any online Respect material I can find.

Back
Top Bottom