Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pineapple jelly malibu shots

telbert

Do you like sponge?
I'm helping out with a charity fundraising event next week and I'm toying with the idea of making some of the above, although I've never made anything like this before and in fact, not even sure they are a thing. So the idea is to halve a pineapple, scrape out the flesh, liquidise it(adding more pineapple juice if needed) add malibu and gelatine, pour back into the pineapple halves and allow to set. Once set I would then cut into small slices so it looks like a slice of pineapple and serve.
The idea comes from hearing my daughters harping on about jelly vodka shots for sale in the clubs they visit. So, does this sound doable? How much gelatine should I use? How much malibu to use?(does the alcohol content alter when set?)
All advice welcome please.
Ta.

Leaving aside the jellification properties of pineapple, it's a bugger to get the ratio of booze to water to gelatine right to make it set. We had to do a few trial runs when we were students.

Leaving aside the jellification properties of pineapple, it's a bugger to get the ratio of booze to water to gelatine right to make it set. We had to do a few trial runs when we were students.
Another potential problem there. Can you you remember any of your findings?

Back
Top Bottom