Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Person complains about Carmarthen sounding like Caernarfon, and arrives at the wrong place

This nob is like the "TV doctor" turned brextard MEP who complained about his place of work being in the location of his place of work. Tests both!

My brother, in Central Station in Glasgow, once encountered a Japanese guy who was confusing the hell out of the ticket office because nobody could work out if he wanted to go to Galloway or Galway. His explanation that the place he wanted was near the "Wall of Joy" wasn't really helping. *Sort of* entertaining for those queuing behind him but not much, I imagine.

This Wall of Joy, I think, featured in some graphic novel or a film or I-have-no-idea-what-and-neither-did-anyone-else. So brother dragged him off to tourist office who were also mystified and said he might as well stay in Glasgow that night and start the quest again in the morning, then to a pub, then to a youth hostel, where he was quickly adopted by a bunch of merry Australians heading out for the evening. I hope he had a good evening altogether but I do wonder what this mysterious Wall of Joy was.

One of my former colleagues at a bus company in the potteries area told me that (as a driver) he did the Derby to Longton (south east corner of stoke-on-trent) route among others. Unfortunately, one evening he got a passenger from Derby on the last bus of the day who it turned out had wanted Long Eaton, a few miles in the opposite direction from Derby...

I would love that damn idiot in the OP to get all confused between Falkland and the Falklands/Malvinas.

The number of people we get at Edgeware Station when they wanted Edgware Road Station.

It's close though yeah?
Nope.

I've been to Carmarthen a couple of times - Nice place.
As for moaning about place names being similar - Check properly before you travel - Job done

I've been to Carmarthen a couple of times - Nice place.
As for moaning about place names being similar - Check properly before you travel - Job done
'Person checks name of place properly and arrives at desired destination without further complications.'

Back
Top Bottom