Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paul McCartney is...

Never met Macca, but often do some work for one of his daughters and those who engage me to do so all say that he's a really nice guy, very humble and holds a decent conversation.

Plus his music's better than Lennon's. tbf my diarrhoea pebbledashing the bog sounds better than most of Lennon's dirges.

I listened to With A little Luck last night, awful song, massive in the states when it came out 40 years ago, and I remember liking it as a teenager - proper dirge now .

I quite liked the car karaoke thing tbf
Yeah. Given the size of his 'mega-tar' status - especially in Liverpool - he seems refreshingly down to earth. Not sure why some people decide to hate him, really.

Really? Worse than Maxwell's Silver Hammer?

Hey Jude is pretty cheesy but if you're gonna write something cheesy, that's how it's done. See also Yesterday, I don't like it but you can't deny it's effective.

I'm listening to the White album at the moment, I'd forgotten how good it is.

His people are very good at ensuring alcohol is not around him when he is working, and that people working around him are not allowed to drink.

I learned this in my years working for EMI/Parlophone

It's good to have a nice clear head when you work, and I'm sure this his people's diligence had nothing to do with shielding the world from the awful things Heather spuriously claimed about Sir Macca and his relationship with alcohol...

His people are very good at ensuring alcohol is not around him when he is working, and that people working around him are not allowed to drink.

I learned this in my years working for EMI/Parlophone

It's good to have a nice clear head when you work, and I'm sure this his people's diligence had nothing to do with shielding the world from the awful things Heather spuriously claimed about Sir Macca and his relationship with alcohol...
If I had 1% of the life he's had, I'd probably be long gone with drink and drugs.

Never met Macca, but often do some work for one of his daughters and those who engage me to do so all say that he's a really nice guy, very humble and holds a decent conversation.

Plus his music's better than Lennon's. tbf my diarrhoea pebbledashing the bog sounds better than most of Lennon's dirges.

There are good Lennon songs but one suspects messrs McCartney and Harrison contributed the lion's share of the good bits. No way in hell John wrote the lick to And Your Bird Can Sing, nor its wonderful but oft-overlooked bassline. Don't Let Me Down is all about the counterpoint between Harrison and Billy Preston, the lyric and vocal are just stupid.

Last edited:
I used to know his former manager Geoff Baker who was definitely wasn't also his dealer. Heather Mills made sure to put a stop to all that fun.

Last edited:
Yeah. Given the size of his 'mega-tar' status - especially in Liverpool - he seems refreshingly down to earth. Not sure why some people decide to hate him, really.
The same could be said about Bono though couldn't it. :)

Come on. You know the rules on this kind of thing.

There is a lot of evidence out there that suggests that he is already dead. Apparently there was no rubber soul on his shoes beyond 1968 and he does look a lot more like Billy Shears now than Paul McCartney. I'm not one for conspiracy therapies but some of those you-tube videos are just about, vaguely, almost believable with enough alcohol.

Anyway on a serious note the changed thread title didn't work with the opening line so thanks for changing it. I hereby withdraw my Gestapo accusations and shall return you to 'Mine Fuhrer' status :D

My mate used to run the gym at Lord's, where Macca was a member. Says the same thing.

Not sure that excuses Wings, though.
Wings has aged a lot better than Lennon's solo stuff - which isn't bad in its own way, but is just not as good as Lennon clearly thought it was.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom