Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Partisan Collective - a new community and performance space in Manchester

Tom A

Goat among sheep
Partisan Collective is a space for independent, community led, DIY and cultural based projects in Manchester. We have just gotten a permanent space and are getting ready to open.

To celebrate and launch the permanent Partisan space, we are having a Partisan Open Weekend (POW!) on July 28-30th. This weekend will act as a fundraiser, as we are still raising funds in order to get the space up and running.

Friday night will be showcase some great musical talent from around Manchester and beyond.
On Saturday, the music will continue alongside workshops and performances.

To close out the weekend on Sunday, we'll be hosting even more workshops, and will have a film screening and discussion.

**If you would like to perform, run a workshop, cook, make, promote, or help out in any way - get in touch!***

Details of the performers and workshops, tickets, and more will be released over the next few weeks: make sure to click 'attending' so that you don't miss a thing!

We can't wait to see you at Partisan!

For more information: Partisan | Manchester's Co-operative Arts and Social Space

19 Cheetham Hill Road, Manchester M4 4FY. I had to get it from their Facebook group, for some reason it's not on the website (which I shall ask someone to rectify). That's definitely the place, I know because I have been there.

It needs to be literally the first thing you see when you go to the website. The very first rule of running a venue - make sure people can find you and can easily get in touch.

Plus get your website registered with Google Maps. It's free and they will send a reg card with a code number to the address and once you have entered the code it will appear in Maps. It will also help get your site to get better rankings in search and allow folk to leave reviews. Oh and find the place easily...

I thought we were already on Google Maps, but you have to actually search "Partisan" or "Partisan Collective" to get it, just zooming into where we are doesn't work. Incidentally doing so DOES give us our address :)

I thought we were already on Google Maps, but you have to actually search "Partisan" or "Partisan Collective" to get it, just zooming into where we are doesn't work. Incidentally doing so DOES give us our address :)

Yes you are but for some reason it doesn't appear to the right when I google 'Partisan Collective' like it does for most places. When I went to Maps and put in Partisan Collective Manchester it appeared ok.

Yes you are but for some reason it doesn't appear to the right when I google 'Partisan Collective' like it does for most places. When I went to Maps and put in Partisan Collective Manchester it appeared ok.
Putting in "Partisan Collective" (with and without quotes) and "Partisan Manchester" (without quotes) now does give the address and map on the right - or at least it does for me. The address is now on the Facebook page, and we are awaiting the web team to get back regarding the website.

Last edited:
Good to see another place like this appearing, looks great. Best of luck with it. For a long time it seemed like the 1 in 12 in Bradford was the only place like this, quite a few proper DIY spaces around now, Wharf Chambers in Leeds, DIY space for London (which shamefully I still haven't checked out).

Make your own fun. :thumbs::thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom