Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paprika Recipe App

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
R.I.P.
Brought to my attention by someone here (who will be thanked again) in the tech forums, but it is so good it needs it's own thread.

Has loads of features but the main one is it has browser functionality gizmo which strips away all the adverts, banter and bothering things leaving a neat 'Ingredients - Directions' list to work with. Also creates categories for types of foods which is handy if you eat seasonally.

IMG_20201205_050734.jpg

So far I have just putting my recipes in and using the browser function to download regularly used or new recipes but it does do other stuff like converting measures, shopping lists and food diaries.

The app is free for up to 30 stored recipes then about £5 one off charge (IIRC?). Had some google survey monies spare so cashed in for the paid version.

Have posted a review below and there are a few others out on the networks.

Last edited:
I've just read through the review. It seems a very useful app. I've recipes stored all over the place, this would make things so much simpler when trying to find them.

I missed you made a thread about this. Its ace isn't it. Still not got the paid version as I've been trying just to add recipes I think are good, but it's awesome at sorting out the clutter.

I missed you made a thread about this. Its ace isn't it. Still not got the paid version as I've been trying just to add recipes I think are good, but it's awesome at sorting out the clutter.
Was you that gave me a heads up on this? :cool:

I only went straight for the paid version because I has some Google reward credits. Would pay for it though!

Love the recipe folders. Have these set up for Baking, Indian, Chinese, Winterval and such already which is useful.

Hmm. Looks good but what I’ve been doing for a while is just taking a screenshot with my iPhone. Then when you edit it change the top bit to full page. You can then save the full web page as a pdf and crop it down. Then save into my iCloud in my recipes folder which is also nicely organised.

thought others who don’t want to pay for recipe storage or rely on a 3rd party app that can go out of business at any time might find my method useful.

Last edited:
Was you that gave me a heads up on this? :cool:

I only went straight for the paid version because I has some Google reward credits. Would pay for it though!

Love the recipe folders. Have these set up for Baking, Indian, Chinese, Winterval and such already which is useful.

Yeah, I kinda stumbled across it when I when was trying to save a recipe and thought there must be a better way to organise them. Its also good when I'm drawing blanks of what to cook for a bit of insperation.

Paid for the full version. I think it's a bit last decade or something that they expect you to pay separately for the windows version. I'd quite like to organise everything on my desktop and then look through my recipes at work so I can plan what to buy in the shops at the way home. Still as luck would have it the android apps plays nice on my none touch screen phonebook.

Currently experimenting with the quickest way to use an OCR app to take photos from the cookbooks I keep meaning to use more so I can transfer them to the app.

Back
Top Bottom