Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Palestine support action in Brixton

story

Changing the facts
Apparently it’s kicking off a bit at today‘s Palestine support demo.

Just got the heads up but it’s a bit garbled so far.

Last edited:
Police arrests of kids, police van surrounded.

That‘s all, no further comms so far. And no response to my prompt.

It’s being covered in the other thread.

Support for Palestine rally in Brixton, police arrested people with placards.

Yeah, this thread is probably redundant now.

Unless I rename it and we keep it for local Palestine demos?

eta
Thread renamed, just in case it’s useful.

I’m hearing :

The kids who were arrested were about 14.

Riot vans now in attendance

I suggest our next march should held to deplore the indiscriminate murder, rape, displacement and sundry war crimes against Muslims that has been going on in Sudan since April. Ten of thousands dead. And - bonus feature - Sudan only got its independence from the UK a mere 67 years ago, so we can probably blame British colonialists for this mess.

"against Muslims"? How is the religion of the victims in Sudan relevant? You seem to be ill-informed.

I suggest our next march should held to deplore the indiscriminate murder, rape, displacement and sundry war crimes against Muslims that has been going on in Sudan since April. Ten of thousands dead. And - bonus feature - Sudan only got its independence from the UK a mere 67 years ago, so we can probably blame British colonialists for this mess.

What is your point?

Happening now

gaza-protest-jan-2024-01.jpg

gaza-protest-jan-2024-02.jpg

There now.

Speakers from Green party who are putting proposal for the Council meeting tonight.

Also speakers from Unison and Jewish voice for Labour

Lambeth Labour group response to the Green party motion.

It's saying the Green party motion that Lambeth support a ceasefire is divisive and will therefore increase rise in anti semitism.

They are as good as calling the Green party Cllrs anti semites.

Ruling Lambeth Labour council says its divisive as Lambeth is a diverse borough ( it is) and having a position on the conflict will increase divisions in the boroughs community.

Council also say that this is not something they can influence and it's up to central government.

They weren't like this over Ukraine.

Two Labour Cllrs broke ranks and voted for the Green motion. One of whom is Jewish. Who is on left of party but somehow got elected as Cllr. Heard they are trying to get rid of him.

I think it's particularly offensive to call the Green Cllrs divisive.

They spoke at the Palestine demo outside the town hall. Completely reasonable position to take- support a ceasefire.

I think it's particularly offensive to call the Green Cllrs divisive.

They spoke at the Palestine demo outside the town hall. Completely reasonable position to take- support a ceasefire.

Incredibly mealy-mouthed. As if you can’t understand the complexity of the crisis and still come out in support of a ceasefire.

Back
Top Bottom