Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Outrageous surcharges

It is bloody outrageous the extra charge they try and lump us with for deliveries. I go through all the order of the goods and right at the end they suddenly spring up with a message that because we are in the Highlands and Islands there will be a surcharge of £19.65 if you please!

We are not remote! There is good road links, rails links and even two airports within an hour of where I am. Its a con.

I get in touch with Douglas Ross and he tells me he is fighting this and sends me a link to when he was a boy asking Theresa May a question about it. When I challenge him to what he's been doing lately about it, I get an irritated don't bother me kind of response.

I know Joe Lycett did something about this a couple of years back but honestly come on! We need to rebel against this.
Isn't that because of the risk of the van being attacked by the Loch Ness Monster or something?

It is unrealistic to expect companies to deliver up a track in the arse end of nowhere (which is a hell of a lot of Scotland) for the same delivery charge as a city centre.
We are on a normal road and within an hour of either Aberdeen or Inverness. Train station within 15 minutes and airports within an hour. I was actually up the proverbial hidden lane when I lived in Hertfordshire and there was no signal.
It feels like discrimination and cashing in.

We are on a normal road and within an hour of either Aberdeen or Inverness. Train station within 15 minutes and airports within an hour. I was actually up the proverbial hidden lane when I lived in Hertfordshire and there was no signal.
It feels like discrimination and cashing in.

Back
Top Bottom