Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Led zeppelin - III
Dizzee Rascal - Studio garage mix
the Beat - I Just Can't stop it
Mos Def - Black on both sides

Thanks to the random thingy I've just had Tears For Fears' splendid 'Shout' and now have the rather unexpected but glorious King Crimsons' 'Court Of The Crimson King.'

Smashing.

Followed by 'Paranoid Android'.

Crikey.

a great comp of jump blues & rock 'n' roll called 'grab this and dance'.

check out the tracklist:

1. Little Walter: Diggin' My Potatoes
2. Muddy Waters: All Aboard
3. Slim Harpo: Wild About My Baby
4. McCracklin, Jimmy: The Wobble
5. Willis, Rod: The Cat
6. Gordon, Curtis: Rock Roll Jump And Jive
7. Hargrave, Ron: Latch On
8. Wages, Jimmy: Mad Man
9. Rockin' Saints: Cheat On Me, Baby
10. Graham, Lou: Wee Willie Brown
11. Allen, Bill: Please Give Me Something
12. Rhodes, Darrell: Four O'Clock Baby
13. Wilson, Peanuts: Cast Iron Arm
14. Ivan: Real Wild Child
15. Moonlighters: Broken Heart
16. Hawks, Mickey: Screamin' Mimi Jeanie

i've never heard of any of them other than muddy waters neither. fucking great shit though. :)

dunno if you'll be able to tbh - it's second hand, and i've found very little info on it on't internet.

interestingly, the same shop also has three or four comps of doo-wop and jive music on the same record label... might have to treat myself if the quality of the recordings is this good.

i've already got the two tracks i mentioned on other comps, just fancied getting it for some new stuff. i'll keep an eye out :)

P has been doing some cleaning today, so we've had Jesu and Strapping Young Lad :D along with lots of chilled-out ambient stuff for the sitting-down bits in between.

are strapping young lad any good? they've a great name, but seem to be loved by people who love music i find pretty indifferent.

Hey Rev, I've just got to say a massive thank you again for those mp3s :) I am SO HAPPY to be able to listen to Jacob's Mouse again, and from what I've heard of the other stuff I'm doubly pleased. Cheers mate!

My pleasure :)

Anything standing out amongst the other stuff ...?

Think you've mentioned some bands on here that I wouldn't mind hearing *hint hint* ;) - Made Out of Babies maybe ...? And few other bands that are apparently along those lines ...

On first, brief skim-listen I like Truly - their guitar sound is very like 11:11-era Come, which is a good thing. Had never heard of them before.

i dug out Helleborine by Shelleyan Orphan. It's really really shit, but I can't help still having a soft spot for it :oops:

On first, brief skim-listen I like Truly - their guitar sound is very like 11:11-era Come, which is a good thing. Had never heard of them before.

Think I had a Come album years ago ... never got into it and dunno what became of it! Truly were probably the last decent band to come out of the Seattle early 90s scene - featuring original Soundgarden bassist and original Screaming Trees drummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom