Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympics closing ceremony on TV now.

DJ Squelch

King Of Insides
Well here we go lets hope it's as spectacular as the opening ceremony, plus we have Beckham, Lewis & Page on a bus :rolleyes: to look forward to.

It's fucking brilliant.

'Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laserbeam
Guaranteed to blow your mind'

In a world racked with wars, hunger, inequality and pain, to be reminded that humans can create such incredible spectacle in the name of our commonality is very special indeed.:cool:

Is boris goona be on the bus too? i can see him accidentally knocking over a firework which zooms off into the Chinese premier's box and burning the whole stadium down.

In a world racked with wars, hunger, inequality and pain, to be reminded that humans can create such incredible spectacle in the name of our commonality is very special indeed.:cool:
I suspect the show is more in the name of the Central Committee, and the performers are there becasue of various 'incentives', but go with it if you want.

I just hope to God Lodoners have more interesting things to do with one, or even two, year/s of their lives than to 'dedicate' themselves to making politicians look good.

i'd like to see the politicians taking part more in the olympic games - brown v obama in the cycling pursuit - obama won't like it up him:eek:

I don't believe those kids are really playing the drums, there's some less pretty child doing it behind the scenes :mad:

I guess the BBC don't tell you when the London segment is due to appear in case you don't want to watch 3 entire hours of this guff, with some cliche driven, bland-me-to-death, Welsh newsdesk bore trying to blag his way through a voice over.

Dammit. When they started singing the second verse of the National Anthem, I thought they might sing the entire thing, and get to the 'crush the rebellious Scots' bit. :)

Spoilsports.

Matt

'Rebellious Scots to crush' isn't an official verse anymore Matt :(

Back
Top Bottom