Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oh dear, Kerry McCarthy in a spot of bother...

Easton - according to this map :-

http://www.bristol.gov.uk/WardFinder/pdfs/eastonmap-high.pdf

I was in Bristol East where I voted For Jean Corston in '97 and Kerry McCarthy in 2001 - before the shit really hit the fan. The first and last times I will vote Labour.

I now find myself in Bristol West with a young, libertarian LibDem in post, and the rather tempting Danny Kush-lick as an alternative alongside the Green candidate ...

If there was a weird space-time thingy, presumably I could have voted for Tony Benn - and I quite probably would have ...

when I was a kid Bristol east was Tory held by Jonathon Sayeed, now they've put up another Asian Tory candidate so I'm already wondering if I should start getting worried.

when I was a kid Bristol east was Tory held by Jonathon Sayeed, now they've put up another Asian Tory candidate so I'm already wondering if I should start getting worried.

I'm getting worried too, I might have to re-think my voting plan.

Slight aside, but does anyone know where the political hacks and agents are discussing stuff this election? The Bristol Blogger's down for the time being, and the other place that was good was the vote 2007 forum, but that's got tumbleweed going through it these days.

Surely the political geeks must be chatting on a constituency level somewhere out there? Or have they just realised there's no point?

Nick Yarker - I got one of his leaflets through the door. What a twat.

From his website:

"As a 30 year old guy who works in a creative industry, I have many friends who felt the same as you."

He may as well just have written "I am a massive tool"

Slight aside, but does anyone know where the political hacks and agents are discussing stuff this election? The Bristol Blogger's down for the time being, and the other place that was good was the vote 2007 forum, but that's got tumbleweed going through it these days.

Surely the political geeks must be chatting on a constituency level somewhere out there? Or have they just realised there's no point?

Search Bristol West on Twitter?

James Barlow, Tony Dyer (Aureas Mediocritas), possibly Eugene Byrne? Plus I think TBB might be guestblogging on Bristol 24-7?

Back
Top Bottom