Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

OFSTED

Balbi

Hey, Dean Yager!
Year 1 NQT here.

Ofsted Tuesday and Wednesday, normally my PPA in the AM but my cover's got a contract stip saying she doesn't have to do Ofsted.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Year 1 NQT here.

Ofsted Tuesday and Wednesday, normally my PPA in the AM but my cover's got a contract stip saying she doesn't have to do Ofsted.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

okay, chill. It isn't fun but by wednesday evening you'll be in the pub. Are all your records up to scratch? Can you evidence progress being made? NQTs are usually fine in ofsteds cos you're generally still keeno types with meticulous lesson planning habits. Plus you are much more used to being observed.

You'll be great. Try not to wind yourself up. And try even harder not to let the senior leadership team's stressy-ness wind you up.

And anyway - they might not even come and see you and if they do, if anything, it's likely they'll just want to speak to you to find out how the school is treating you and training you as an NQT rather than judge your actual teaching. Just make sure your paperwork is in place and you've got lesson plans for your lessons on those days. Good luck - it will be fine.

Anyway, some things you can't plan for.. we had a mouse make an appearance in my classroom during one Ofsted visit (not whilst I was teaching in there thankfully) - in a girls' school! That was the end of any teaching or learning on that day!

Don't worry, it'll soon be the school holidays and you can destress in the sunshine for weeks on end whilst those of us who have to deal with other adults for a living are still working. :mad:

;)

And anyway - they might not even come and see you and if they do, if anything, it's likely they'll just want to speak to you to find out how the school is treating you and training you as an NQT rather than judge your actual teaching. Just make sure your paperwork is in place and you've got lesson plans for your lessons on those days. Good luck - it will be fine.

Anyway, some things you can't plan for.. we had a mouse make an appearance in my classroom during one Ofsted visit (not whilst I was teaching in there thankfully) - in a girls' school! That was the end of any teaching or learning on that day!

So basically you need to bribe one of the troublemakers to bring in a rat in a box and set it free during class if the inspector turns up to watch you. Problem solved. :)

Good luck :)

What's the difference between a plastic surgeon and an OFSTED inspector?
One tucks up your features...........

Can - and do - Ofsted ask to see staff CVs?

We've had to supply staff CVs as part of Ofsted prep for inspection of teacher training (as in, CVs of staff who are delivering the TT), so probably worth erring on the side of caution.

Back
Top Bottom