Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

NYE/NYD parties 2015/16

my email inbox is full of this kind of thing ;)
id already heard about it when you mentioned it but nodded politely :D

LIAR! :mad:

But anyway...I forgive your ego on account that this is a timely thread...been thinking about NYE today and whilst I am sure some fantastic mates will be having a house party I am curious to what else may be gwanning...just in case like. :)

Wilkinson, frankee, camo and krooked, prototypes and matrix and futurebound are at the institute in digbeth, it's a bit commercial but I'll probably be going there, nothing underground hits the Midlands during New Years :(

If I was in London, I'd probably go to this:

Percolate's NYE Party at Shapes

Floating Points
Levon Vincent
Tama Sumo
Krywald & Farrer

Though @ £44 perhaps not! :eek:

Last year I went to Pariah and John Heckle at Dance Tunnel and it was just perfect - reasonably small but totally up for it crowd (for a popular, albeit small - 200 capacity? - club), great music, etc. Ended up at some reggae party in Hackney Wick after - I know Reggae Roast got cancelled, so I don't know if this was an illegal relocation, but it was quite wild for what it was.

Year before I saw Nick Hoppner at Plastic People which was also great, seems like they deliberately undersold it - Hoppner started on Hendrix 'Auld Lang Syne' before going into a very popular 80s freestyle track (edit: of course, it was Shannon's 'Let the Music Play') that totally escapes me now... and then into his usual thing. Again, great vibes - and one of the last nights out I had with a friend who recently took his own life :( - also the last ever Plastic People NYE - they were meant to have Rezzett playing last year, and instead announced they were closing!

Years before that I either found myself into house parties (inc. a great one at the very top of some flats in Camden) or cheekily tried to drink and party in places I was too young to do so! I've mostly had good NYEs cos I never went to anything I was too excited about / never had any solid plans.

This year Hieroglyphic Being is on at Oto til 4 (although apparently it's pretty expensive) and Rrose + Paula Temple at Jaded from 6am looks like a shout... I'm waiting to see what Dance Tunnel announce, though not too optimistic this year. Apparently there will be a World Unknown NYE party which sounds pretty good to me.

Last edited:
I'll be doing NYE night in the Albert from 10pm till around 4am. As usual, it will free for locals and anyone dropping me a PM. After that I'll probably crash into the Dog/414. The days of traipsing around distant parts of London for parties are long gone for me.

I've never had problems with sound crash events being overcrowded.

We're doing our mansion party again I believe, so if any urbs find themselves in leafy surrey give me a shout.

World Unknown or Cafe Oto for me. Or maybe summat else. I don't like planning in advance too much, but it seems you have to with NYE. think there's a house party at home too, so if I can't be arsed to go out, there's that.

likely will be here if anyone fancies it
12348157_1082977541714008_1702736306795098387_n.jpg

World Unknown or Cafe Oto for me. Or maybe summat else. I don't like planning in advance too much, but it seems you have to with NYE. think there's a house party at home too, so if I can't be arsed to go out, there's that.
Looking like just house party now. But might pop into dayglo rave party in Brixton early in the evening too.

Still got no idea what I'm doing! My mates have been so disorganised this Christmas and New Years! If anyone knows there whereabouts of the big one in Bristol this year PM me, or a decent squat elsewhere! My mates got his missus with him this year and she wants to do something 'different' and is shrugging off all my local ideas and it's annoying me haha XD any info would be crazily appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom