Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nintendo announces palm-sized mini NES console

cybershot

Am sure this will be on the christmas list of every male aged 30-40.

Nintendo will launch brand new hardware this year after all - but not the console you were expecting.

jpg

The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System is a miniature replica of the original NES.

It will launch here in the UK on 11th November, and comes with 30 NES games built in, such as Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong and Metroid.

The console comes with a NES-style controller which can also be used when playing Virtual Console games with a Wii or Wii U.

Additional controllers will also be available separately, or you can use a Wii U Classic Controller or Wii Classic Controller Pro.

jpg

Here's the full list of included games:

• Balloon Fight
  • Bubble Bobble
  • Castlevania
  • Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Double Dragon 2: The Revenge
  • Dr. Mario
  • Excitebike
  • Final Fantasy
  • Galaga
  • Ghosts 'n Goblins
  • Gradius
  • Ice Climber
  • Kid Icarus
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Mario Bros.
  • Mega Man 2
  • Metroid
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Pac-Man
  • Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
  • StarTropics
  • Super C
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Tecmo Bowl
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
The console will be powered by USB - and there's a USB cable included, but not a plug.

There's no word on whether you'll be able to download additional games to the device via an internet connection, or if this is your lot.

Today's surprise announcement of the NES Mini comes after the huge success of Pokémon Go - which shows there is a huge interest in gaming nostalgia, and classic characters being enjoyed by a new generation of gamers.

Stolen from: Nintendo announces palm-sized mini NES console

Why not just use an emulator on PC?

All you need is a USB version of the controller which are all over places like Amazon and... well let's not go into anything illegal about game files!

The Wii was when hacked was an absolute gold mine for emulating previous Nintendo consoles on. I hacked mine when the 7 gig Super Smash Brother Brawl didsc stopped being read by the DVD drive in it. Games on a USB hard drive are also just so much less hassle.

The Virtual Wii that the Wii U runs is also just as easy (in fact it's easier) as the Wii was to hack to get more functionality.

I haven't hacked my Wii U yet but instead decided to start running Dolphin the Wii emulator on my PC. You need a PC that was top of the line 3 years ago to do it justice but running Wii games with graphical tweeks and fan made custom textures @ 60fps in native 1080p is all sort of.......

my mini NES has been delivered to the office :cool:

dunno when I will get to play it because it's supposed to be for me birthday in a months time :mad:

Back
Top Bottom