Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Next door app taken over my hotmail account

Have you suddenly started peeping out from the curtains to see who's walking past your house? :hmm:

Now that you've sorted that, though, I've recently (thank you urban) got a new old smart phone that's generally going very well but every time I try to install a new app using the Google Play thingy I get taken to a page that tries to get me to sign up to Instagram or Tiktok or something with no evident way of getting out of it :mad:

Is that just emails from next door or all emails generally? Not had anything like that on my andriod phone which has next door installed.

Have you suddenly started peeping out from the curtains to see who's walking past your house? :hmm:

Now that you've sorted that, though, I've recently (thank you urban) got a new old smart phone that's generally going very well but every time I try to install a new app using the Google Play thingy I get taken to a page that tries to get me to sign up to Instagram or Tiktok or something with no evident way of getting out of it :mad:
Weird. Are you sure it's not a google account sign up? You need a google account to use google play.

Nope, it says to sign up to Tiktok - I do have a Google account although I got an email saying that I need to finish off signing up for it on the phone. .... Perhaps I should do that :)

Nope, it says to sign up to Tiktok - I do have a Google account although I got an email saying that I need to finish off signing up for it on the phone. .... Perhaps I should do that :)
Sounds iffy. Never been asked to sign up to tiktok :hmm: is this all apps or only certain ones?

i know some apps use facebook account login.

Every app I've installed. I've only just got the thing and hardly done anything with it. I think I might have to give my phone to a young person and look pathetic :(

Perhaps uninstall Google Play and reinstall?

Every app I've installed. I've only just got the thing and hardly done anything with it. I think I might have to give my phone to a young person and look pathetic :(

What phone make is it? Maybe it had tik tok preinstalled and they are trying to push it?

Was it second hand?

Often the apps that come preinstalled can't be uninstalled (at least without rooting the phone)

Yes was second hand. I think I might have realized though - I tried to install an app for a microscope I'd bought and I bet it was that. Factory reset and start again I think, possibly changing any passwords that I've entered into it.

Yes was second hand. I think I might have realized though - I tried to install an app for a microscope I'd bought and I bet it was that. Factory reset and start again I think, possibly changing any passwords that I've entered into it.
I've got a digital microscope the I use for fault spotting on stamps. It is 1x to 500x. 5x is all you need really.

I've got a digital microscope the I use for fault spotting on stamps. It is 1x to 500x. 5x is all you need really.
I'd like to see rocks in more detail. I find geology impenetrable because of the huge number of random technical terms so will start with the rocks I've collected.

Back
Top Bottom