Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

New Banksy in croydon

yes, another banksy thread

this one it quite witty tho....

3932421934_41914c514b_o.jpg

Anyone know where this is in Croydon? I have googled, but am none the wiser...

There seems to be a couplw of sites indicating that there were 'banksy' style bits of graff popping up in Caterham/Coulsdon down where the Red Lion Pub used to be (i think it was the red lion) and on the site of woolworths.

I'm not overly convinced myself but we'll see.

There seems to be a couplw of sites indicating that there were 'banksy' style bits of graff popping up in Caterham/Coulsdon down where the Red Lion Pub used to be (i think it was the red lion) and on the site of woolworths.

Yeah, I saw those sites, but I was hoping this one might be central Croydon somewhere. Basically, I'd like to see it but not so much that I'd go to Coulsdon - that's practically the countryside! :eek:

I'm not really bothered whether it's a genuine Banksy or not; it's still pretty witty.

someone mailed me the original pic

the other coulsden bits are not Banksy - style isnt him/ also rubbish IMHO

Hmm... why do I have this ugly suspicion that it isn't a real banksy but a viral advert for IEAK, so that people who still think street art is edgy all drive or take the tram down to Croydon to try to find it, and while they are there drop in for some meatballs ... and a coffee table or three.

:hmm:

Hmm... why do I have this ugly suspicion that it isn't a real banksy but a viral advert for IEAK, so that people who still think street art is edgy all drive or take the tram down to Croydon to try to find it, and while they are there drop in for some meatballs ... and a coffee table or three.

:hmm:

OMG that is possible!

I do love their meatballs
:oops:

:D Used to be my old haunt, then i moved to redhill

Ill ask around, i know a lot of graff/stencil artists round there......

It's hardly cutting edge Banksy though. It's just another bit of humour akin to what he's been hawing for years.

Is it not getting a bit passé now?

Don't get me wrong. I like a lot of his work; the early wall murals, the fake tenners, the painted elephant thing, the Paris Hilton CD stunt etc. but this is just a bit well, meh.

It's just a little bit of LOL on a wall. Nothing worth writing a sunday paper article about. But better than GAZ-2009

Have to say that the punk one isn't banksy because my 1st thought is that its not really stencilled. Remember banksy predominately does stencils, then colours them in.

Here is a classic
banksy_fishing_kid.jpg

Still takes nothing away from it, its pretty good.

Have to say that the punk one isn't banksy because my 1st thought is that its not really stencilled. Remember banksy predominately does stencils, then colours them in.

Still takes nothing away from it, its pretty good.
It is a stencil, with some freehand work on top, and it's very similar in style to many other Banksy's, whether or not it is his.

This one, for example, is guaranteed Banksy, because it's from the stuff he did in Palestine which was well reported at the time.

banksy-stencils12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom