Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nepal - anyone been?

miss direct

misfungled
Has anyone been to Nepal? I am thinking of going in May as have 9 days off work for Eid and would like to get out of Bangladesh. Would it be a good place to travel alone? I really just want to relax, enjoy some views, read, maybe take some easy hikes, visit a temple or two.

I’ve been and really enjoyed it. Kathmandu is a bit busy but i’d say as a country it’d be fine for travelling alone. Pokhara is a nice chilled out place. Well, it was in 2001 :)

Yeah its amazing, definitely go!! It's very chilled and friendly and probably still not that busy tourism-wise so a good time.

May is monsoon but itll still be great. Just might rain in the afternoon a bit.

Thanks for the replies! That's booked. £250 return with Himalaya Air. Good to have something to look forward to. Welcome all and any suggestions. I won't be doing any proper trekking - I'm not fit enough and don't have the proper gear. Just want to chill and rest and see some cool stuff and buy a few bits to bring home.

Back from Nepal. Very glad I went. Compared to Bangladesh it's a much nicer place to be. No staring, nicer weather, easier to get information and cheaper.

The highlight was Bandipur - a small town in the mountains. Another time I would just stay there the whole time. Wonderful clean air, quiet, great scenery.

I didn't like Pokhara so much. It was hot and crowded. Did see a monkey though and had a good hike. I say good, but it was actually really hard and unexpected - almost got heat stroke.

I'd like to go back to Nepal one day and have more time. Six days wasn't enough - it takes a long time to get between places and inter city travelling isn't much fun whether it's by bus or plane.

Back from Nepal. Very glad I went. Compared to Bangladesh it's a much nicer place to be. No staring, nicer weather, easier to get information and cheaper.

The highlight was Bandipur - a small town in the mountains. Another time I would just stay there the whole time. Wonderful clean air, quiet, great scenery.

I didn't like Pokhara so much. It was hot and crowded. Did see a monkey though and had a good hike. I say good, but it was actually really hard and unexpected - almost got heat stroke.

I'd like to go back to Nepal one day and have more time. Six days wasn't enough - it takes a long time to get between places and inter city travelling isn't much fun whether it's by bus or plane.

Sounds wonderful!!!!

any pictures?

Back
Top Bottom