Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

my dogs are fecking awesome

Pingu

Credo
just want to say my dog are fucking brilliant.

our latest foster dog arrived today.

9 years old, overweight and blind -Lucy. confused as fuck as to what was going on but my dogs were brilliant with her. gave her space and were just really dead calm. benny even allowed her to lie on his blankie (yes I have a 52 kilo rottie who carries a blankie round with him... )

am well proud of them

Aye mine are as well, had to take me da's dog in and they have accepted her like she has been here for ever, silly bitch is now entering her second childhood, behaving like a puppy despite being 12 years old, dogs n cats, yi gotta love em;)

I just did a bit of dog fostering, two utterly diamond dogs, big, mad as a box of frogs and beautifully friendly to everyone they met.

I'm a first time dog fosterer but just getting them out in the fresh air and running them through the woods twice a day put them in a really good place, i met with potential new adopters at the kennels when I dropped them back and they fell in love and had them wisked off for a suitability check before i'd got home.

Really good experience, i'm picking up the next pooch on thursday for three weeks. Happy hounds for happy homes, a great way to spend my time when I'm home

Story here, hopefully its allowed to post a link?

http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org/ftopic8674-0-asc-45.php

I just did a bit of dog fostering, two utterly diamond dogs, big, mad as a box of frogs and beautifully friendly to everyone they met.

I'm a first time dog fosterer but just getting them out in the fresh air and running them through the woods twice a day put them in a really good place, i met with potential new adopters at the kennels when I dropped them back and they fell in love and had them wisked off for a suitability check before i'd got home.

Really good experience, i'm picking up the next pooch on thursday for three weeks. Happy hounds for happy homes, a great way to spend my time when I'm home

Story here, hopefully its allowed to post a link?

http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org/ftopic8674-0-asc-45.php

Being doing dog (and other various animals) 'fostering, for donkeys as a result of Ayesha being a district nurse and fetching them home when her patients had to go into hospital/care etc
Only trouble was, we invariably went from fostering to adoption;)

The woman i got my dog off used to foster dogs and said that it didn't matter how big the dog was, mine (cosmo, mainly border collie) would keep them in order. She now doesn't like dogs coming up to her though - particularly friendly ones. She used to always get the retaliation in first with a motherly 'fuck off and leave me alone' bite down on the back of the neck. Which is a bit of a shock to both dog and owner.

It's actually a fear reaction, but she's loads better now I have to say - when she sees a dog she gets a treat, if she doesn't go for the dog she gets another treat. So now when she sees a dog she mainly comes back for her treat so at least i can get her on the lead or to walk to heel. If we're on a winding path she trots ahead, sees the dog round a corner and comes back for the treat then trots off ahead again, sees the dog and comes back for the treat, trots off ahead ...

I don't think she got given a lot of space to herself because now she likes being on her own most of the time. Her previous owner also had three rather unpleasant and persistent boys who i think pulled her around a lot which has a lot to do with it.

We have an open door and a dog flap ;) No piss this morning, she's just adjusting to living with two new dogs.

Aye we had one or two 'problems' when we took me da's dog in, happily sorted. Though we still have the same problem when me sister in laws dog comes and stays,three male dogs all trying to prove who's 'top dog';)

Aye we had one or two 'problems' when we took me da's dog in, happily sorted. Though we still have the same problem when me sister in laws dog comes and stays,three male dogs all trying to prove who's 'top dog';)

More like anxiety and stress tbh. :)

Where are the pics Pingu ??

My dog is also feckin awsome.

IMG_0996.jpg

See?

The woman i got my dog off used to foster dogs and said that it didn't matter how big the dog was, mine (cosmo, mainly border collie) would keep them in order. She now doesn't like dogs coming up to her though - particularly friendly ones. She used to always get the retaliation in first with a motherly 'fuck off and leave me alone' bite down on the back of the neck. Which is a bit of a shock to both dog and owner.

It's actually a fear reaction, but she's loads better now I have to say...

Misread this initially and thought 'she' was referring to the woman throughout :eek:

just want to say my dog are fucking brilliant.

our latest foster dog arrived today.

9 years old, overweight and blind -Lucy. confused as fuck as to what was going on but my dogs were brilliant with her. gave her space and were just really dead calm. benny even allowed her to lie on his blankie (yes I have a 52 kilo rottie who carries a blankie round with him... )

am well proud of them
pics or GTFO

I'm a full blown beginner with this fostering thing, i'm a serial dog borrower and holiday sitter but taking a rescue dog on for 3-6 weeks i think is a different matter

I'm kind of hopig that just getting them out and about in the woods every day is almost a good enough result. But i'd like to try to give them a bit of consistancy in what we do together, a bit of basic stuff maybe

If anyone has any dog training 101/ dog training for dummies links that would be cool there is alsorts of stuff out there just need to find one that i can run with and hopefully get the hang of

Breeze the 10 month german shepherd staffie cross arrives tommorow. Hopefully she'll settle in
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom