Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

MS teams question

rubbershoes

not the only raver in the village
Is it possible to look back and see what attachments were sent on teams?

Is there a time limit?

I'm trying to find out what was sent in on teams in a discussion/message January 2023.

Have I got any chance?

I wasn't in the meeting btw

Last edited:
Spandex has given the right answer, but to your specific question - if you weren't invited to the meeting then no I don't think so. Teams will store files for meetings and chats (no default time limit that I'm aware of). If you were invited (even if not there), or are a member of the channel (or whatever bollock Teams calls things) then files may be available in the files tab of Teams online. Go in via Microsoft Teams and check the Chat and Teams sections, look for the meeting, or the team that the meeting was called for, click on it/them and then on the Files tabs, see what's there. I now have to ritually cleanse myself for having talked about Teams.

Time limits for retention of messages can be set by the overall Teams admin (not the individual Teams er.. team admins) or imposed by (the ridiculously named) Microsoft Purview.

Teams is pretty damn good (apart from it being called "teams" - which is another stupid name) if people know how to use it properly.

Same applies for most of M365: extremely good apps but users receive lamentably poor training/support.

(I'm available for hire at extortionate rates to solve most of these problems :cool:)

Edited to add: the default is that Teams retains messages for ever! So you might be able to find messages/attachments back as far as Jan '23)

prunus has given good advice, if the attachment was sent in a Teams ‘Chat’ then using the Files tab at top of screen to the right of the chat name should give a chronological list of what attachments were shared and when; providing the file is still stored where it was you should be able to access it.

Back
Top Bottom