Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Motorway service station undead

hitmouse

so defeated, thinks it's funny
One of those "I can half remember something, can anyone tell me if this idea was a work of fiction that actually existed or just something from a dream" threads... I vaguely remember, many years ago, hearing something about a story where someone vanishes, and their friends or family or partner are looking for them, and then eventually come to realise that they've been turned into some kind of vampire or ghost or similar creature that lives at or can only be spotted at motorway service stations, and are fated to haunt Little Chef forever (or until all the Little Chefs closed, anyway). Does this sound vaguely familar at all to anyone, or was this something I dreamt? I don't think I ever actually read this book, or whatever it was, if it does exist, more just heard of it and sort of thought "ooh, that sounds spooky". I think I might have been in South Wales when I possibly heard about it, if that helps?

• Haha
Reactions: Sue
One of those "I can half remember something, can anyone tell me if this idea was a work of fiction that actually existed or just something from a dream" threads... I vaguely remember, many years ago, hearing something about a story where someone vanishes, and their friends or family or partner are looking for them, and then eventually come to realise that they've been turned into some kind of vampire or ghost or similar creature that lives at or can only be spotted at motorway service stations, and are fated to haunt Little Chef forever (or until all the Little Chefs closed, anyway). Does this sound vaguely familar at all to anyone, or was this something I dreamt? I don't think I ever actually read this book, or whatever it was, if it does exist, more just heard of it and sort of thought "ooh, that sounds spooky". I think I might have been in South Wales when I possibly heard about it, if that helps?
Sounds like Pont Abraham. I’ve stopped there late at night off the ferry from Ireland. It’s just like that.

Back
Top Bottom