Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Moto phone only charging slowly

weltweit

Used to be when I connected my phone to its charging cable I would get "Turbo charging" and it would charge pretty quick

Then occasionally recently it would say charging slowly, and I would reinsert the cable and get my Turbo back

recently though, I only get charging slowly or just charging (which is faster than slowly)

Now I just get charging slowly.

I have ordered a new cable in the hope it is the cable that is at fault.

If it is the connector in the phone it will be more serious.

What do you think?

the charging hole

pexels-karolina-grabowska-4195332.jpg

Just poked about in there, and in the cable end with trimmed pieces of thin cardboard. There is no crud in there.

Found this old thread, by me, about the same issue back in 2022

Back then, it was the cable !!

Had this with my Poco phone. I took it to my local IT Magic place to see what's up. The guy (who I knew from elsewhere) said he can fix it but he has to charge a tenner or his boss will kick his arse. It took him about 20 seconds with some tiny plastic tweezers to find a miniscule bit of fluff, all sorted. Good money in fluff removals.

moto edge 20 when fluff get into the charging port it keep giving a system warning about USD file sharing

which is most annoying as it will not feck off till you clean it :mad:

I need to clean my port at least once a year, and luckily my local phone shop will do it for free. I was on holiday once and desperately needed it doing and the shop wanted to charge me £50 to 'fix' it.
What was the effect of needing cleaning? Was it slow charging like I am experiencing?

Back
Top Bottom