Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Moonfall 2022

Dandred

Mmmmm Beer!
Total trash but at the same time amazing, reminds me of Tremors.

Really enjoyed it, but it isn't going to win any awards!

It is entertaining enough, to a large degree because it's so utterly idiotic and Tremors wasn't dumb, that's a smart film. Roland Emmerich's continued validation of conspiracy theorists isn't a great look in the times of QAnon.

Hahahaha, it was a stoner film, gaboids.

I'm not sure why you would say it was a smart film, it was hilariously bad.
Unlike the dumb-as-a-brick Moonfall (or anything by Roland Emmerich) Tremors is well written and well acted. Something like the subplot about how Ward guides Bacon to become more mature about his relationships with women, is something you don't get in a dumb film, Tremors pays attention to characterisation while also delivering great monster mayhem. Moonfall just stumbles from one cliche to the next when it comes to its characterisation, the divorced/divorcing couple conflict has become the most tired cliche to sketch in character interest in disaster and action films.

Whatever genre or subject, execution matters.

Last edited:
Unlike the dumb-as-a-brick Moonfall (or anything by Roland Emmerich) Tremors is well written and well acted. Something like the subplot about how Ward guides Bacon to become more mature about his relationships with women, is something you don't get in a dumb film, Tremors pays attention to characterisation while also delivering great monster mayhem. Moonfall just stumbles from one cliche to the next when it comes to its characterisation, the divorced/divorcing couple conflict has become the most tired cliche to sketch in character interest in disaster and action films.

Whatever genre or subject, execution matters.
I agree with your commets on moonfall, tremors though really? I'm not buying it.

I agree with your commets on moonfall, tremors though really? I'm not buying it.
You are pretty much on your own with that opinion, Tremors is held in high regard by most film critics and has become a much loved cult film and genre classic over the years.

You are pretty much on your own with that opinion, Tremors is held in high regard by most film critics and has become a much loved cult film and genre classic over the years.
Oh, it's a great watch, loved it when I was 14. Critically acclaimed it is not though. It's not like watching Citizen Kane though!

Oh, it's a great watch, loved it when I was 14. Critically acclaimed it is not though. It's not like watching Citizen Kane though!

Just because Tremors never aspired to be Citizen Kane, doesn't mean it isn't a well regarded movie of its kind:

Last edited:
Saw Moonfall at the Leicester Square IMAX.

Mark Kermode says it is the stupidest film ever made and he actual felt his brain regressing to an earlier form of life as he watched. He also said he enjoyed it immensely.

I concur it is the stupidest film ever made. A mash up of Gravity, the Martian, Armageddon, 2001, Space Cowboys but also Grand Theft Auto.

You know how some films go beyond so bad it’s good to become just bad, well Moonfall does that but then gets so mad it becomes good again.

It’s batshit crazy. Makes no sense but it’s brilliant entertainment. Specially on an IMAX screen.

Plus it’s a Chinese co-production so there are some wired details that make even less narrative sense.

Go and see it. It’s madder than Mad Bob McMad on a bad day.

Film critics are like food and art critics.
Your opinion of film critics wasn’t what‘s up for debate, your claim that the film is not critically well regarded was. So stop shifting the goal posts.

Not taking prisoners on this, it’s Tremors ffs. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom