Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Monitor failed - fix or junk?

nick

Pleomorphic Adenomas R us
My U3223Q Dell monitor has developed a 1cm black vertical stripe 1/4 of the way across the screen (panel fail?)

It is 6 months out of 3 year warranty and Dell are not interested*

What is my best option?
1) re-engage with Dell and do battle (sale of good act)?
2) Pay for a repair / replacement panel (no idea of cost) ?
3) junk it and buy another one?
4) If replace,
a) any recommendations for a 4k 32” (primarily office applications, with a PS5 plugged in for old man gaming)
b) it is sensible to forget about fancy onboard hub set and buy a separate hub to allow USB-C pass thru connection to Thinkpad (work) or M1MacBook Pro (personal)

Thank you

* this monitor was itself a warranty replacement for a U3219q (bought Feb 2021) that failed after 3 months . both monitors are 32" 4k with USB PD

thanks - had not heard of gigabyte, will take a look. Had mainly looked at LG and Dell (don't really want to give Dell any more money, but)

had also come to conclusion that paying for a repair is not an option (and the excess on my accidental insurance is £900)

Last edited:
FWIW - after spending an eternity on RTings and prevaricating between various models from cheap as chips to second mortgage price I plummeted for the Gigabyte curved ( snappily named the M32UC). for £470

Also bought a Caldigit TS4 for the one connection / PD bit

PSA - the Gigabyte is fine and any image quality differences between that and the broken Dell are forgotten after a few minutes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom