Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mo Farah v Usain Bolt

Bolt and a grizzly bear over 100m,I suspect the grizzly would win (if it didn't eat Usain in the blocks).

Looking at animal speeds it appears a Kangaroo and a domestic cat would have the beating of Bolt.
Depends on the cat. Not my fat fuckers.

Has anyone seen the fab photo of Farah and Bolt doing each others trademark poses?

mo-bolt_2307710b.jpg

^_^

If Mo Farah and Usain Bolt both left their houses at the same time and travelled to David Rudisha at his house, who would get there first? If David Rudisha had gone to the shops, what time would they have to leave in order to both meet him on his way back at the same time? How far would they be from David's house?

Explain your working.

Has anyone seen the fab photo of Farah and Bolt doing each others trademark poses?

On the video you can see just how much Bolt towers over Mo.

A lovely moment though. They both have faces that just naturally seem to radiate happiness into the world.

^The first person to do it too I think?

I learnt yesterday that I used to live just a few yards from where he went to school :cool: THAT MAKES ME AWESOME BTW

Ah, one of my favourite topics. I've done it here before too :D My last thread on the topic was about 100 lots of 100m plus a single 10,000m. I think we concluded Bakele would win that set of races over Bolt.

But this question is very one sided. When I first used to watch Farah, he was actually primarily a 3000m runner. That's where his speed comes from. Here's Farah's 1500m PB:

Personal best(s)
1,500 m: 3:33.98 (Monaco 2009)

To put that 1500m time into context: the Olympic 1500m was won in 3:34.08. Somehow, I don't think Bolt us going to get anywhere near that!

He doesn't have a recent 800m time. His PB is 1:48, dating from 2003, long before he became the world class athlete he is now. I have no doubt he could beat that time now, probably sustaining a few 52s laps, even. There is no way Bolt could get anywhere close to that either.

The 400m is 50/50 aerobic versus anaerobic. That probably gives it to Bolt. 600m would be 2/3 aerobic to 200m anaerobic. I think even that ratio would mean Bolt would be seriously out of gas long before Farah overtook him,

He doesn't have a recent 800m time. His PB is 1:48, dating from 2003, long before he became the world class athlete he is now. I have no doubt he could beat that time now, probably sustaining a few 52s laps, even. There is no way Bolt could get anywhere close to that either.

He became a world class athlete in distance running (and wants to go for longer distances). 800m is not a distance race.

Back
Top Bottom