Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mo Farah v Usain Bolt

smmudge

i know the smudge is true
If Mo Farah and Usain Bolt raced each other in a 1500m, who do you think would win?

I think Farah would take the 1500m too, but I'm not so sure about the 800m. Farah is good at out-sprinting people who have run at least 4600m already; 800m is not really very far.

Middle distance running isn't about explosive power. Think of all the decathletes and the way they hate running the 1500. Bolt would be just like them, hauling himself around reluctantly.

Middle distance running isn't about explosive power. Think of all the decathletes and the way they hate running the 1500. Bolt would be just like them, hauling himself around reluctantly.

Yes it is, even long distance is about explosive power. Didn't you see Farah's last laps? It's just about how and when to use it.

I think Farah would take the 1500m too, but I'm not so sure about the 800m. Farah is good at out-sprinting people who have run at least 4600m already; 800m is not really very far.
Nah, even 800m isn't an explosive event. Bolt would probably hate doing the 400. Doing another lap after that would do him in, I think. There was a good feature the other day explaining the 400m. Basically you run the first 200m anaerobically, and the second 200 aerobically, as the lactic acid builds. Bolt basically runs the entirely anaerobic events.

How about Rudisha and Bolt over four hundred,pretty close I think,I also think it's been suggested.

Nah, even 800m isn't an explosive event. Bolt would probably hate doing the 400. Doing another lap after that would do him in, I think. There was a good feature the other day explaining the 400m. Basically you run the first 200m anaerobically, and the second 200 aerobically, as the lactic acid builds. Bolt basically runs the entirely anaerobic events.

Ok so who would win the 400m?

How about Rudisha and Bolt over four hundred,pretty close I think,I also think it's been suggested.
It's a bit of an unfair question as I think if Bolt trained for the 400, he'd be brilliant at it. Michael Johnson suggested as much, but he also said that 400m training is hard, and Bolt probably doesn't want to put himself through it. As they are now, today, I'd back Rudisha probably. With 400m training, I'd back Bolt.

Rudisha ran the first 400 of the 800 final in 50 seconds. I would guess he could shave at least two or three seconds off that for just one lap.

It's a bit of an unfair question as I think if Bolt trained for the 400, he'd be brilliant at it. Michael Johnson suggested as much, but he also said that 400m training is hard, and Bolt probably doesn't want to put himself through it. As they are now, today, I'd back Rudisha probably. With 400m training, I'd back Bolt.
Both use the 400 as part of their training.Bolt has run 45.28 but over five years ago,Rushida has done 45.50 more recently.Rushida actually suggested it as a fun thing to do.

Bolt and a grizzly bear over 100m,I suspect the grizzly would win (if it didn't eat Usain in the blocks).

Looking at animal speeds it appears a Kangaroo and a domestic cat would have the beating of Bolt.

Mo, Rudisha and Bolt, what would be the distance at which the sum of the differences between their finish times would be closest to zero?

Mo, Rudisha and Bolt, what would be the distance at which the sum of the differences between their finish times would be closest to zero?
I would think that Mo can run a very respectable 800. But I doubt Bolt could be persuaded to run that far, tbh.

Damn I was hoping this was a who would win in a fight thread.

P.S. Batman would beat Superman.

Bolt didn't seem to like 400m so Mo would defo do 1500 and quite possibly 800 too. I think Bolt's long stride would give him the edge in 400m.

Back
Top Bottom