Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Missing person in Brixton - now found!

Andrew Hertford

Chocolate Jesus
This is my friend John, he is 58 and suffering from Alzheimers. He was last seen on Lambert Road (off Brixton Hill) sometime between Saturday night and Sunday night. If you see him, please call the police and pm me.

IMG_0323.PNG

This is too bizarre... The police found John last night at Ealing Broadway station and he was taken to West Middlesex Hospital. To cut a long story short, some time this morning he simply got up and walked out of the hospital and is therefore missing again! I assume that there just weren't enough staff to keep an eye on him 24/7. The police have said they're now looking for him around the clock, but if he managed to get from Brixton to Ealing, he really could be anywhere.

At least he wasn't in too bad a shape when they first found him and at least he'll have had a decent meal and a good night's sleep. Fingers crossed, he'll be found again soon.

This is too bizarre... The police found John last night at Ealing Broadway station and he was taken to West Middlesex Hospital. To cut a long story short, some time this morning he simply got up and walked out of the hospital and is therefore missing again! I assume that there just weren't enough staff to keep an eye on him 24/7. The police have said they're now looking for him around the clock, but if he managed to get from Brixton to Ealing, he really could be anywhere.

At least he wasn't in too bad a shape when they first found him and at least he'll have had a decent meal and a good night's sleep. Fingers crossed, he'll be found again soon.

Having spent 3 nights at West Middx Uni Hospital a year or so ago I have to say I'm not surprised. The night shift probably had no idea of his actual condition or any instructions. I saw more people discharge themselves than were discharged by Doctors. It was pretty chaotic.

I hope he turns up again safe and sound.

Well after disappearing a total of three times this week, John is now safe and in secure care. Thank goodness.

All I can say is that Alzheimers is a bastard of a disease.
Glad he's OK. Has he got a mobile phone? You could set it up so that you could find out where he is (with his permission of course).

Glad he's OK. Has he got a mobile phone? You could set it up so that you could find out where he is (with his permission of course).

John has a mobile but he doesn't always remember to charge it or take it with him when he goes out. He is still in secure care and there are measures now being put in place to ensure he won't disappear again in future. :)

Back
Top Bottom