Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Missing celebrity bake off series 2 episodes?

ATOMIC SUPLEX

Why?

My daughter is a James Acaster fan and wanted to watch him on celebrity bake off series 2.
We looked it up on the channel 4 on demand site, but it only has episode 2, 3 and 5. Why is that?

Can't find anything about it on the Internet.

. . . But why are they not on the streaming site? Every other episode in every other series is available. What is special about these ones?

Why?

My daughter is a James Acaster fan and wanted to watch him on celebrity bake off series 2.
We looked it up on the channel 4 on demand site, but it only has episode 2, 3 and 5. Why is that?

Can't find anything about it on the Internet.

This is something you'd know more about due to your job, but maybe they used some music for those eps and didn't keep up the rights for it.

This is something you'd know more about due to your job, but maybe they used some music for those eps and didn't keep up the rights for it.
Highly unlikely. Shows like this would be delivered with the intention of being internationally 'evergreen'.
I did wonder if these were originally shown later and had swears that were not bleeped, but C4 has age related messages. . . . also (on trying to find something about these shows) I discovered that 'James Acaster on Bake Off' is one of the most used programme searches on the site. You would think they would do everything to preserve all the episodes in their most searched bake off series. . . especially when they are losing shitloads in advertising revenue ATM. . . . and if something so terrible happened that those episodes had to come off the platform, you would expect a quick internet search would find the answer.

Well you see, as already mentioned before, if you did actually google that . . . that it doesn't come up with the answer. . . or the answer to the original question.
Hence the thread. I was hoping posters might already have some knowlege.
Things are slightly clouded now that we have had four or five series since . .

The Google Search above leads to a Wikipedia page that notes Brand won Star Baker the week he took part, so it's fair to assume he's featured a lot.

Thanks DaveCinzano :D
No it doesn't. Not for me anyway.
The only wiki link in the results is for regular bake off. I then have to scroll and find celeb bake off 2, click the link, then click the episode guide link etc.
I only found it because I was looking for a reference for Brand as star baker in ep 2 after you mentioned it.

What is wrong with just asking on a forum you weirdos? If it's too hard for you to reply with an answer, other than 'look for the answer yourself' then simply don't bother. No sweat off my nose.

So it's not the same celebs each episode? So only one features Acaster?
That makes everything a lot easier then, and I don't have to fret about missing ones.

I assume that Brand showed up in the other missing episode as a guest. . . or something.

I did read the bbc deleted programs featuring brand from iplayer when the story about him broke but can't remember what shows were mentioned.

So it's not the same celebs each episode? So only one features Acaster?
That makes everything a lot easier then, and I don't have to fret about missing ones.

I assume that Brand showed up in the other missing episode as a guest. . . or something.
No, the celeb episodes are all one-offs. The guests never feature again.

No, the celeb episodes are all one-offs. The guests never feature again.
100%? I only suggested he popped up (as a previous winner or bonus 'head popped round the corner') but not as a full contestant (happens sometimes in taskmaster).

If not why are two episodes missing?

Either way, the Acaster episode is there, so we can sit and watch that tonight.

100%? I only suggested he popped up (as a previous winner or bonus 'head popped round the corner') but not as a full contestant (happens sometimes in taskmaster).
I've not ever seen it (and I've watched most/all of them), but I can't dismiss the possibility. I don't think they'd want to pay them for anything less than a full appearance though. But then Brand is a grifter, so if anyone would have managed it...

Back
Top Bottom