Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mighty Hoopla, Cross The Tracks, Wide Awake & City Splash festivals, Brockwell Park - discussion

Why's that? I only went once to the one in victoria park and it was a blast. Granted I was off my tits on pills mind you... But it was a more diverse lineup than most festies.

I've just done a 'cool test' with colleagues here. I'm coolest. I recognised 6 of those acts :D

Feel fucking old.

Got a couple of Friday tix.....and Nick Cave and Patti Smith that weekend too in Victoria Park....gonna be a good weekend.....

You're not going to find a very positive reception for Field Day here, I'm afraid!
I don't recall anyone ever being against the festival itself, just the logjam of oversized festivals that was being shoehorned into an inappropriately small park.

DJ Boring sounds like an ironic kind of guy.
i find him genuinely boring ... hipster house from what i can tell
somehow one of his pretty boring tunes had a picture of winona ryder on the youtube video and ended up with millions of views...algorithm power...even i watched it for no apparent reason...a case of the modern world not making any sense to me

I don't recall anyone ever being against the festival itself, just the logjam of oversized festivals that was being shoehorned into an inappropriately small park.

I seem to recall you being against this, and any other festivals that made money for corporations, in Brockwell Park? No matter, let's not shit this thread up too.

I seem to recall you being against this, and any other festivals that made money for corporations, in Brockwell Park? No matter, let's not shit this thread up too.
I was against an entire summer of money-making festivals keeping the park fenced off. I've never been against all festivals in the park and said that ages ago.

That said , I wish it wasn't massive corporates running the shows and I wish there was far more promotion of local acts.

They are puting metal barriers up all over the place around the pavements around the station, bridge and park entrance. Barriers everywhere.

Its scaring me.

The wall is pretty fucking huge!! It does feel (rightly or wrongly) so much more imposing than previous festival held in Brockwell Park

Entirely irony free notices all over the great wall of not open.

7kZM2C7.jpg

I think Fri and Sat are 'Field Day' (sic) and Sun is Hoopla. Much better line up IMO. TLC! Who doesn't want to see them?

Actually at £45, maybe not.
The bill is so irredeemably awful and naff I think it might actually end up much more fun. Vengaboys! B*witched!

Back
Top Bottom