Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Michael Parenti's talk on the war on Yugoslavia

Thanks for the link, I like Parenti.

It's shocking that the US role in the destruction of Yugoslavia and the bloody wars that followed is not commonly known, the insides of this blood-drenched history should be shouted from the rooftops, it's a classic example of the manner in which the IMF and the World Bank can be used as a weapon to smash open the economic sovereignty of a nation, and insidious millions be poured into political systems to aid right-wing and nationalist organizations used as crow-bars to wrench open a society so that the juicy plunder within can be exposed to the corporate-marauders and the violent penetration of a "new market".

Textbook really, the perfect crime.

Have you ever seen war is a racket by smedley butler, at the time the most decorated soldier in US history.
http://lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm

He doesnt mince his words.
Written just before world war two, nothing has changed.
The rich and their political process put money and riches before life.
They use the media to manipulate us to keep us arguing amongst ourselves. its so easy to get us to lay our lives down in war.
Tell a story often enough, tell them your people are being hurt or slaughtered, your land has been taken, your existence is at risk.

Yes its the perfect crime.

Is Parenti still pimping Stalin as the greatest man since Caesar?

I don't think he does tbh

What I learned from Parenti was the rich rule and the rich have always ruled, they control the politicians, they are the politicians, and the capitalist western empire doesn't care for human life.

What he says makes sense to me,

That he doesn't wrap his thoughts in political mantra is why I like him.

I found him through weight of chains
http://www.movie2k.to/movie.php?id=675439&part=1

He's a stalinist, you haven't noticed his political mantra - that's all. He argues that the way to get rid of the rich is through powerful men doing historically neccesary bad things - Caesar and Stalin the two exemplars. Just because someone says something that you agree with it doesn't mean that you should then find out nothing more about them, about what they believe, about how and why they've made particular arguments. In fact, it demands that you do.

I don't think he does tbh

What I learned from Parenti was the rich rule and the rich have always ruled, they control the politicians, they are the politicians, and the capitalist western empire doesn't care for human life.

What he says makes sense to me,

That he doesn't wrap his thoughts in political mantra is why I like him.

I found him through weight of chains
http://www.movie2k.to/movie.php?id=675439&part=1

Just watched both of these in the last few months . Theres a second weight of chains out as well . Looking forward to seeing that one . Some good articles on Parentis site . Will have to get a few of those books .

Back
Top Bottom