Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mental health policy and possible post-Covid-19 recession

Right, try again.

Given there is likely to be a post-Covid-19 recession, and when there is a capitalist crisis the capitalists try to reconsolidate their capital, and that means tightening the screws on the working class and lumpenproletariat.

What are people's views on the likelihood of changes in mental health policy (including that that goes under the 'umbrella term 'recovery') and DWP policy with regards changes in mental health governance.

i.e how fucked, given the last 10 years of austerity are people, specifically with mental health issues (given everyone is going to be hit - but given not all those hit are likely to look at capitalist, and let's not pretend otherwise, those with mental health issues are going to get shat on) likely to be?

Other than broad statements about protest, and lobbying, petitions, etc,what can be done by people (rather than necessarily'for') with mental health issues, to protect themselves, given that whilst we are not incapable, only a right wing libertarian follower of Szasz (I am thinking Pangloss the follower of Leibniz and 'There is no alternative' 'best possible world of best possible world', denials of mental health conditions - reification of diagnostic labels notwithstanding) would attempt to insist it is the same as for anyone without mental health issues ('bootstraps' doesn't work)?

I used to volunteer with Rethink (actually going back to when they were the NSF too), but was wondering what your opinion of changes to the Mental Heath act are, and also your opinions of Rethinks comment on them.
I will read it myself and come back to it though.

I used to volunteer with Rethink (actually going back to when they were the NSF too), but was wondering what your opinion of changes to the Mental Heath act are, and also your opinions of Rethinks comment on them.
I will read it myself and come back to it though.

Its a necessary step in the wrong direction, Mental Health were 'stretched' as it was. We are now at a stage where 25% of doctors are off so safe guards such as double sign off whilst not a luxury are impractical. Extending stays again not good but it is an abnormal environment at mo probably is for best. But this shit really should be temporary

Back
Top Bottom