Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Meeting daughter’s boyfriend’s parents

I took an American friend to a chip shop in the 80s. Deep frying pizzas was the default unless stated otherwise back then. He amused the queue by shouting “oh no, look what you’ve done!” when they dropped his pizza into the fryer.
And I rue the day when it became not the default. :(

Not sure Glasgow can claim it tbf.

Ooh is it common over Scotland? Saying that I had it for first time ever just a few years back at Burnt Island but just deep fried. Had half pizza supper. I was born & brought up in Glasgow & all family there. Never tried it growing up but was my sisters chippy order.

Ooh is it common over Scotland? Saying that I had it for first time ever just a few years back at Burnt Island but just deep fried. Had half pizza supper. I was born & brought up in Glasgow & all family there. Never tried it growing up but was my sisters chippy order.
Oh yes. Though I think the battered thing is less usual -- can't speak for Glasgow, but the only place I recall having a deep fried pizza with a battered base was Brattisani's in Edinburgh.

I took an American friend to a chip shop in the 80s. Deep frying pizzas was the default unless stated otherwise back then. He amused the queue by shouting “oh no, look what you’ve done!” when they dropped his pizza into the fryer.

Me and Mrs SFM had our first deep fried pizza in Glasgow in 1989 after an Anti Poll Tax March - possibly the meal that brought us together! Definitely the food of love 🥰

Wear a backpack with a baseball bat sticking out the top and before any introductions can be made ask them if they've got any gear.

Back
Top Bottom