Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Matchday Programmes 2023/24

DHFC_Programmes

As you may know, we haven been working on redeveloping the programme over the summer. This thread will let you know when they are published, what is in them and whether you can still get one. We welcome all feedback as well. Men's and Women's.

First up:

Dulwich Hamlet vs Canvey Island
Tuesday 15th August 2023
Sold out

Features:
Altona visit write up
A tribute to Kimm Connett
20 Questions with Anthony Jeffrey
Interview with Craig Braham-Barrett

canv.jpg

Last edited:
The new programme is excellent.. 3 wishes

1. Section on injury updates (weeks out, back in training etc)
2. Squad numbers on the back page
3. Player ratings (1-10) for match write ups. I know there’s “man of the match” but this could be good for average ratings over the season which could add to the season stats.

Thanks!

The new programme is excellent.. 3 wishes

1. Section on injury updates (weeks out, back in training etc)
2. Squad numbers on the back page
3. Player ratings (1-10) for match write ups. I know there’s “man of the match” but this could be good for average ratings over the season which could add to the season stats.

Thanks!
Nice to haves but 1&3 are very unrealistic asks.

Most clubs shy away from providing deadlines on player return these days to avoid putting pressure on player/staff - so they can come back when they’re ready not when the programme says so. As it should be.

And I definitely don’t see an official Club publication rating its employees publicly every week. Even if it were an unofficial / fan rating, their publishing it would give it credibility.

You’d also be adding in deadline pressure. Or otherwise printing out of date information.

On 3 though could that be done here? editor is there a polling function available that could be set up for MotM votes on each match thread? I’m guessing a 1-10 voting scale on each player is too complex…

At a general meeting the club said that squad numbers were good as they only have to have one shirt size for a number. I like it to know who our players are, when they change each season.

On 3 though could that be done here? @editor is there a polling function available that could be set up for MotM votes on each match thread? I’m guessing a 1-10 voting scale on each player is too complex…
You can do player ratings on Discord 🤣

I'm sure the club would have retained the squad numbers system but unfortunately the Isthmian League doesn't permit the use of numbers above 20. We already have more than 20 players in the squad, meaning Ryley Scott and Richard Pingling both wore the number 8 shirt in our first two matches, so the next time both are in the matchday squad one of them will need to use a different number. It looks like we're going to keep the same players with the same numbers as far as possible, so we could list the players 1-20 according to who last wore each shirt, but there will inevitably be alterations, so you'll need to check the numbers against the announced team anyway.

As for player ratings, they're completely subjective and a meaningless load of bollocks. I can't stand them. I did the match reports on the club website for a year. It's demanding enough taking notes for 90 minutes to make the report as fair and accurate as possible, without attempting a mark out of 10 assessment of up to 28 individual players at the same time. They have no place in any match report for me and I'm certainly not leaving myself open to criticism from everyone who disagrees with me, especially the players themselves.

Nice to haves but 1&3 are very unrealistic asks.

Most clubs shy away from providing deadlines on player return these days to avoid putting pressure on player/staff - so they can come back when they’re ready not when the programme says so. As it should be.

And I definitely don’t see an official Club publication rating its employees publicly every week. Even if it were an unofficial / fan rating, their publishing it would give it credibility.

You’d also be adding in deadline pressure. Or otherwise printing out of date information.

On 3 though could that be done here? editor is there a polling function available that could be set up for MotM votes on each match thread? I’m guessing a 1-10 voting scale on each player is too complex…
You can make a poll and add as many options are you like.

Click on 'new thread' and then select the 'poll' tab:

1693046373787.png

I also cannot see anyone wanting to rate people they work with. Journos can do it as they have little connection

Last edited:
Two programmes this weekend

First up

DHFC vs Haringey
FA Cup

Features
Interview with Captain Mark Ricketts
20 Questions with Ryley Scott.

Haringey Borough  front page socials copy.jpg

Also in the Junior Rabble section, the Hamlet Monsters make a debut with a design competition

monsters final.png

Last edited:
Hi DHFC_Programmes - firstly, wanted to say what a brilliant job has been done in revamping the programmes for this season, and for including the Women's games as well. I know there's an important and ongoing legacy involved, but it's great that the opportunity to change things has been taken.

One thing I wanted to ask - the Chairman's notes from last season were often put on the website after match days, but I'm not sure I've seen that so far this season. As one of the main ways the Chairman communicates with the supporters is that something that could be revisited, particularly for those unable to get a programme or attend a match? And maybe additional regular contributions from the manager, or players?

Last edited:
Hi DHFC_Programmes - firstly, wanted to say what a brilliant job has been done in revamping the programmes for this season, and for including the Women's games as well. I know there's an important and ongoing legacy involved, but it's great that the opportunity to change things has been taken.

One thing I wanted to ask - the Chairman's notes from last season were often put on the website after match days, but I'm not sure I've seen that so far this season. As one of the main ways the Chairman communicates with the supporters is that something that could be revisited, particularly for those unable to get a programme or attend a match? And maybe additional regular contributions from the manager, or players?
Thanks for the feedback Dave. I will ask the question!

Hi Dave. Chairman's notes are now on the website and backdated to the start of the season so you will have to filter august news for older ones.

Saturday 23rd September
DHFC vs Concord

Interview with the coaches that support Hak and Terry
20 questions with Jack Ruddy
A tribute to Willie Lillington by Jack McInroy
Our mystery columnist tells us about the losers he choses to stand on the terraces with (worse than Streatham Rovers fans)

Concord Sept 23 socials.jpg

Back
Top Bottom