Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Masked Balls - sinister or not?

berniedicters

On long vacation
Banned
We've been invited to the 18th birthday party of someone we know, and she's decided to theme it as a masquerade thing.

This has meant Herself gently chivvying me into looking at these things and getting one to wear so as not to be a party pooper :)

And I've discovered something about myself - those things really shit me up. I've no idea why - looking at them, there's a slightly sinister look, but they shouldn't leave a big strong grown man with no known hangups with an acid knot in the pit of the stomach, and a desperate urge to leave the room, using violence if necessary!

Herself admits that there's a slightly sinister undertone to them, but is as perplexed by my reaction as I am. So I thought I'd ask the urbans - are these things scary, or am I just a bit of a wuss? Or both.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about:

70226938-300x300-0-0_Purple+Silver+Venetian+Masquerade+Mask+Fancy+Dress.jpg

Brrr :eek:. The thought of a room full of people dressed like that is a deeply unpleasant one.

Perhaps you're having sub-conscious flashbacks to some vincent price movie.

they are for hiding filthy sex and murder. so it's not that surprising that you find them sinister.

You've watched Eyes Wide Shut too many times from the sound of it :D

Masked balls are fantastic, but agreed there's a bit of an edge to them...it's the whole business with concealment (and there are some scary looking masques to wear too)

Oh god. I've seen photos from some terrible goth masked ball.

One guy looked like Batman in a dinner jacket :D :(

We've been invited to the 18th birthday party of someone we know, and she's decided to theme it as a masquerade thing.

This has meant Herself gently chivvying me into looking at these things and getting one to wear so as not to be a party pooper :)

And I've discovered something about myself - those things really shit me up. I've no idea why - looking at them, there's a slightly sinister look, but they shouldn't leave a big strong grown man with no known hangups with an acid knot in the pit of the stomach, and a desperate urge to leave the room, using violence if necessary!

Herself admits that there's a slightly sinister undertone to them, but is as perplexed by my reaction as I am. So I thought I'd ask the urbans - are these things scary, or am I just a bit of a wuss? Or both.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about:

70226938-300x300-0-0_Purple+Silver+Venetian+Masquerade+Mask+Fancy+Dress.jpg

Brrr :eek:. The thought of a room full of people dressed like that is a deeply unpleasant one.

Parties with masks are the best.

Pretend to misunderstand and go dressed as a character from M.A.S.K., the low quality 1980s cartoon.

Remember that floating round robot thing that was mates with the kid? What a dick that thing was. I liked the dude in the shades on the bike.

MASK figures were shorter than Star Wars figures, but had functional knees and elbows. I had a figure of Bruce Sato, the slightly racistly portrayed Japanese character.

MASK's chief enemy was the sinister VENOM organisation, which was not almost entirely un-similar to COBRA off of Action Force.

On a side note, I was in a toilet in Rome recently and there was a COBRA (Stallone film one) dayglo sticker of him with shades, jacket and a gun and - I think - fag hanging nonchalantly out of his mouth stuck on the...not bowl...place where the water is and all the magic happens.

Way better than, say, a shitty Margaret Thatcher mask though, eh?

But, er, seriously, cheers for reminding me of the name of that series that has bugged me for about 7 years now.

See also: Visionaries. Which was sort of like Transformers but with some bizarre shit thrown in.

Was he the strength of ten tigers dude?

By the way...
product-kids-tshirts.jpg

:D :D

E2A - oh, little cunt! In the original it had 30/30 the bazooka horse on his t-shirt! Now I just look like a paedo!!

Was he the strength of ten tigers dude?

By the way...
product-kids-tshirts.jpg

:D :D

E2A - oh, little cunt! In the original it had 30/30 the bazooka horse on his t-shirt! Now I just look like a paedo!!

Strength of the bear. The pedobear, in your imagination

Back
Top Bottom