Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mark Lanegan RIP

killer b

That vase.
Just been announced the Screaming Trees/ QOTSA singer Mark Lanegan has bitten it. Pretty sad news, his solo LP Bubblegum was a huge album for me - me and my bezzer used to play it over and over on savage all-night speed benders.

this was this big one

Oh, shit. No fan of QOTSA ot Screaming Trees but some solo stuff was great. Love Blues Funeral, especially Harborview Hospital, which almost certainly would make my top 100 if I ever made one. RIP man

Poor old Mark Riley was in tears announcing it.
he seems to have been very well liked by anyone who actually knew him - very kind and generous with his time. He was a big supporter of the UK underground too - he was always going on about bands like Teeth of the Sea, Hey Collusus, Pye Corner Audio and the like in interviews, using his much bigger platform to boost stuff he liked when he really didn't need to.

I read that he had Covid really bad last year, like REALLY bad, was in and out of a coma in hospital for months, he wrote about it in a book called Devil in a Coma (I’ve not read it). I wonder if maybe it was related to that, given he was only 57? Whatever, a sad loss. RIP

he seems to have been very well liked by anyone who actually knew him - very kind and generous with his time. He was a big supporter of the UK underground too - he was always going on about bands like Teeth of the Sea, Hey Collusus, Pye Corner Audio and the like in interviews, using his much bigger platform to boost stuff he liked when he really didn't need to.
Didn't realise that Pye Corner Audio had remixed Floor of the Ocean.
Killer B just beat me to it- but did realise.

I read that he had Covid really bad last year, like REALLY bad, was in and out of a coma in hospital for months, he wrote about it in a book called Devil in a Coma (I’ve not read it). I wonder if maybe it was related to that, given he was only 57? Whatever, a sad loss. RIP

There was an extract in The Guardian.

I had to look him up, as the name was familiar.

I have the Bubblegum album in my 'liked' albums and will give it a listen tonight. RIP.

No 😭
I bloody love Mark Lanegans music as well as having a mega crush on the man.

Bubblegum is one of my favourite albums ever, and QOTSA were never the same without him

Shit.

RIP Mark, you lovely man

Been into him since Screaming Trees days. I saw him live supporting Nick Cave. RIP. You were the real deal.

This is the Guardian's news article -- well worth a read I think :(

I'm sure there'll be an actual obituary soon.

There was an extract in The Guardian.

I've just read that -- shocking!!! :eek:

RIP :( :(

Reactions: Ax^
Back
Top Bottom