Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Making rice noodles/recipes please

dessiato

🇪🇸 my spirit is crying for leaving
I've been making my own pasta and udon noodles. I'd like to make my own rice noodles, b utility the recipes I've found seem very involved. One requires 4 days fermenting! But they are along very long and slow.

Have any of you made, or know how to make rice noodles?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Can't see the point TBH (other than learning skills, passing time pleasantly, doing stuff with your hands etc) - far as I know even most on-the-spot Asian noodle stalls use ready made. Rice flour is a lot harder to work / handle than wheat flour so a lot of the noodle styles need industrial kit. This looks a bit of a faff , but faster than 4 days though! Nice blog too (no I have no connection with it)

Last edited:
Can't see the point TBH (other than learning skills, passing time pleasantly, doing stuff with your hands etc) - far as I know even most on-the-spot Asian noodle stalls use ready made. Rice flour is a lot harder to work / handle than wheat flour to a lot of the noodle styles need industrial kit. This looks a bit of a faff , but faster than 4 days though! Nice blog too (no I have no connection with it)
Thank you. I'll give it a try.

My issue is twofold. Firstly I can't get rice noodles in my town. Secondly, I've bought a pasta machine and want to use it for more than just pasta and cookies.

I have a lot of spare time these days so a new skill will fill the time.

Ah well if you want to use the pasta machine more then no I can't see that working for rice noodles ... tho really freshly made soba (which are made of buckwheat) might very well be possible and well worth the effort!

I like the suggestions to try making soba, I was looking up how to do that the other week and it definitely seems much more manageable!

Back
Top Bottom